Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

17 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think the worst part of this is going to be even more "Tom Brady is unquestionably the GOAT" talk. He threw a game-ending interception! Except  some dumb dumb was offsite by a hand, with zero impact on the play. I hate this so much. Everything about it.

And seriously, the NFL overtime rules. This is like if MLB decided extra innings at-bats by a coin flip and the first team to get a run wins. Just unbelievably stupid. But if they didn't change it after the Super Bowl two years ago, will they now? I doubt it.

Satan won the day today.  The Saints got totally hosed by the Robey "non" pass interference.  And then, like you say, Brady got bailed out by a totally extraneous guy setting up 6" wrongly.

Plus, the Candy Canes are crushing the McClavicles. 

Lousy day all around.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Do the Rams have a shot? I think they do. They can get pressure up the middle and stop the run, leaving the Pats one dimensional. They can also win in a shootout, and run the ball too.

This HAS to be the way the evil of the Cheatriots finally gets excised.  Their videotaping the Rams practices brought us this virus.  Don't expect I can watch, but hoping it finally ends here.

• Like (+1) 1

Just a comment from the bleachers. I grew up loving football before hockey. I played high school football and was pretty good but too slow for a higher level. It was always my first sport. In recent years I have reluctantly slowly drifted away and lost interest, mostly because of the cheaters and the way, while it's not exactly fixed,  certain outcomes are, shall we say clearly favored. 

New Orleans was the best team in football this year, they were royally screwed.

New England? Far from the best team in football, I didn't watch the game cause it's almost always the same bull. Watching a highlight replay of the roughing the passer call on Brady had me literally fall off the couch laughing. They aren't even trying to disguise it any more.

I am SO over football.  

I am much more of the college fan today.  I guess spending the last 27 years going to UGA football games will do that.  However, I totally agree that there was something funny going on in these two games.  I did not want the Saints to play in Atlanta, but how do you blow that call.  Also when the phantom roughing call and the reversed muffed kick, it was pretty clear that the fix was in. 

35 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I am much more of the college fan today.  I guess spending the last 27 years going to UGA football games will do that.  However, I totally agree that there was something funny going on in these two games.  I did not want the Saints to play in Atlanta, but how do you blow that call.  Also when the phantom roughing call and the reversed muffed kick, it was pretty clear that the fix was in. 

The video evidence was unequivocal. Edelman did not touch that ball. Not sure how you can use that as evidence of a conspiracy. That had an angle that eliminated a possible touch by every relevant body part. 

16 minutes ago, SDS said:

The video evidence was unequivocal. Edelman did not touch that ball. Not sure how you can use that as evidence of a conspiracy. That had an angle that eliminated a possible touch by every relevant body part. 

It didn't eliminate it, it was not conclusive and the call on the field was he touched it. There's no way they should've overturned that 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, SDS said:

I disagree that the video was definitive on Edelman. It did not touch his thumbs. I couldn’t tell from any angle if it touched his fingertip when it landed or if it grazed his arm on passing. My gut tells me he didn’t touch it and I don’t think it was wildly wrong for them to overturn it but I don’t believe it was definitive.

The roughing the passer call, though? That was egregious. And the offsides call was as ticky tack as it gets. Guys lineup with a head over the ball pretty regularly. Andy Reid questioned why it was flagged there, too.

Also, the first big Hogan catch on third down also was not a catch. Not even by the new rules. He traps the ball but then it hits the ground and moves and he needs to change arms to secure it. At no point did he secure it before it touched the ground.

I do believe, if the games were reffed fairly in those big moments, it should be Saints vs Chiefs.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

By that point him and the other machines will have their revolution and we won't matter anyways

He will be the first fully bionic, partially cybernetic athlete. He's going to play for 16 more years and then the NFL will fold. The bills will never make another championship game.

33 minutes ago, ubkev said:

He will be the first fully bionic, partially cybernetic athlete. He's going to play for 16 more years and then the NFL will fold. The bills will never make another championship game.

Still, at least Kelly and Marv don't try and make out with their kids

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

It didn't eliminate it, it was not conclusive and the call on the field was he touched it. There's no way they should've overturned that 

The ball looks to change direction as it grazes his hand.  I agree there was no conclusive video and the call on the field should have stood.

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The ball looks to change direction as it grazes his hand.  I agree there was no conclusive video and the call on the field should have stood.

Sigh.

At the 10s mark - it is UNEQUIVOCAL that the ball did not touch 9 of his 10 fingers. The only possibility is his right thumb from the angle shown at the 10s mark. 

From a different angle you can see that it is does not touch, or even come close to his right hand.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--VwZNdCJZ--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/zhzpfnipumxro3vrd3nv.mp4

Feel free to provide a single frame of evidence where it touches his hands that cannot be disproven by looking at the other angle and I will gladly donate $100 to the charity of your choice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.