Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I'm not here to defend him but you can't make chicken salad out if chicken ?

"Offensive line coach/run game coordinator".

I get that the o-line has minimal talent but he certainly didn't make the most of what he had.

Edited by Indabuff
I'm tired from/of working for free.

So the Bills have 90 mill in cap space, a top 10 draft pick, 3 FAs on the O line, an over the hill RB, and their best D lineman for the last decade plus just retired.  Sounds like an opportunity for change.

On the plus side, we got good production from our top draft picks from last year. Allen and Edmunds were both good to excellent.  Phillips improved as the season progressed.  They found a WR in Foster (Alabama), a playmaker in Mackenzie (Georgia) and Zay Jones got better as the year progressed.  They have 10 draft picks.  White (LSU) is an excellent CB.  The D overall was pretty solid and winning 4 of the last 7 gives hope.

On the negative, the O Line sucks, and our RBs stink, including an over the hill McCoy.  Clay is a bust.  We also need more dynamic play at WR.  You also have to wonder how much Alexander has left in the tank.  

We need good players nearly everywhere, but RB, TE, O Line, a replacement for Kyle Williams seem the most pressing unless they think Phillips can step into that role. Beane said he’ll address the most processing needs in free agency while taking BPA in the draft.  If we really want to fix this team, getting a real O-Line must be the top priority.  The last thing I want to see with our top 10 pick is a WR.  Getting a Williams replacement or blind side protection for Allen must be the priority.

Of our 10 picks in 2019, we only have one each in the first 3 rounds.  2 4th, 2 5th, 1 6th and 2 7th round out the picks.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Edmunds didn’t have a stellar year. He was pretty lost in the middle. Don’t be surprised to see him moved out of that spot. 

I like his speed and ability to defend the pass in the few games I got to watch.  I also like that he has the ability to rush the passer.  He isn't Roquan Smith, but who is?  He has the potential to be a very good LB for us for a long time.  He also seemed to improve as a tackler as the season progressed.  I agree his run D needs to improve.  Maybe OLB is his best position long-term, but I thought is was a good rookie season over all.

On 1/2/2019 at 4:06 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

So the Bills have 90 mill in cap space, a top 10 draft pick, 3 FAs on the O line, an over the hill RB, and their best D lineman for the last decade plus just retired.  Sounds like an opportunity for change.

On the plus side, we got good production from our top draft picks from last year. Allen and Edmunds were both good to excellent.  Phillips improved as the season progressed.  They found a WR in Foster (Alabama), a playmaker in Mackenzie (Georgia) and Zay Jones got better as the year progressed.  They have 10 draft picks.  White (LSU) is an excellent CB.  The D overall was pretty solid and winning 4 of the last 7 gives hope.

On the negative, the O Line sucks, and our RBs stink, including an over the hill McCoy.  Clay is a bust.  We also need more dynamic play at WR.  You also have to wonder how much Alexander has left in the tank.  

We need good players nearly everywhere, but RB, TE, O Line, a replacement for Kyle Williams seem the most pressing unless they think Phillips can step into that role. Beane said he’ll address the most processing needs in free agency while taking BPA in the draft.  If we really want to fix this team, getting a real O-Line must be the top priority.  The last thing I want to see with our top 10 pick is a WR.  Getting a Williams replacement or blind side protection for Allen must be the priority.

Of our 10 picks in 2019, we only have one each in the first 3 rounds.  2 4th, 2 5th, 1 6th and 2 7th round out the picks.

If you aren't taking a WR in the top 10 then trade out. Add another second and trade down to say 14th or something. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Danny Crossman Fired by the Bills 

The two coaching whipping boys have been fired. Castillo and Crossman.

Huzzah!

35 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't follow the Bills closely enought to be sure, but something tells me that this was not what the masses were hoping for.  At least not on it's own.

I think this is exactly what the masses (mainly me) was hoping for. McClappy isn't great, but I think continuity is important for success in team sports. That said, Castillo and Crossman (along with the WR coach who also got canned) were the obvious areas that the team and coaching quality were lacking. Correcting that goes a long way towards renewing my faith that Beane and McDermott have a clue what they are doing.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, WildCard said:

While these awards aren’t fully supportive of this the notion that Edmunds was “pretty lost” and might get moved to the outside because of it is wild. He was very good to end the year. He was absolutely lost to start it but if you tuned in for all 16 games his growth was obvious and he finished the year on a very high note.

Also, on Josh Allen

I've been giving a lot of thought to Allen the last week. It is really hard to decide what he is without a real offensive line. I still saw too much bailing out of the pocket early and I still didn't like the missed throws from him. That said some of his deep throws were fantastic and I want to see him attack the middle of the field more. I wouldn't say I believe in Allen yet but I certainly feel better about him then I did at the draft. Let's hope he continues to improve and the Bills fix that offensive line nightmare. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Also, on Josh Allen

I've been giving a lot of thought to Allen the last week. It is really hard to decide what he is without a real offensive line. I still saw too much bailing out of the pocket early and I still didn't like the missed throws from him. That said some of his deep throws were fantastic and I want to see him attack the middle of the field more. I wouldn't say I believe in Allen yet but I certainly feel better about him then I did at the draft. Let's hope he continues to improve and the Bills fix that offensive line nightmare. 

After watching Lamar Jackson yesterday I'm pretty happy with Allen

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.