Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

They acted old because? They were confused? Are all confused people old? Ageism should have no place on our board or in our society.

Slow your roll.

That was not the best framing on my part. More accurately stated, I had meant to say they looked old and acted confused and overwhelmed. So, taken together, they appeared to be a crew for whom the toll of time had come. "Addled" might have been another word I could have used. (A word that is frequently associated with old folks who appear confused.)

It's entirely possible for a crew of 70 year-olds to have been sharp as tacks and in control of that game. That was definitely not the case yesterday.

43 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The refs were bad yesterday because the entire game was meaningless. Can you blame them for phoning it in?

Um, yes?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Marions Piazza said:

There were several drops on what should've been easy catches and i counted 5 penalties that took completions away. Allen is still young and raw, but i believe he will get better and better

The one set that was especially aggravating was when he converted a 3rd and 5 that was negated by a penalty. Then he converted that 3rd and 15, once again to be negated by a penalty. 

The line sucks, a lot of missed passes were forced because he didn't want to run the ball himself every single play. Going 8 for 19 had little to do with his lack of experience. 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

The head referee was a dead ringer for Robert Kraft.  Why are football referees always so old?

I don't mind having old guys officiating the game as long as there is a mixture of younger guys. But that entire crew looked over 70. (exaggerating a bit, but not much). At times it looked like they had no clue what they were doing. 

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

Fournette would have single-handedly won the game, too.  What a moron.

Ehhhh. The Bills were doing a much better job against the run by the time the tussle happened.

OTOH, they would have had a better chance of scoring from the 1 with Fournette in the game.

The Washington R*dskins, who had no interest in Kaepernick, just claimed Reuben Foster off waivers days after he was arrested once again for domestic violence.

Also, the NFL “randomly” selects players from each team to be drug tested. Safety Eric Reid, Kaepernick’s right-hand man, has been drug tested six times since re-entering the league with the Panthers in late September.

19 hours ago, shrader said:

Has that ever been substantiated or is it just his word that he’s been tested “like 5 times”? All I found with a limited google search was that quote and that wording could point towards exaggeration for the sake of making a point. 

He and his teammates have mentioned it multiple times. I’m pretty sure the NFL responded by saying the tests are random.

25 minutes ago, Hoss said:

He and his teammates have mentioned it multiple times. I’m pretty sure the NFL responded by saying the tests are random.

I'd imagine that the privacy of the policy wouldn't allow for them to provide documentation of exactly how many times he's been tested.  I wonder if audio of the comment is out there because that wording still makes me question whether or not the number is accurate.  The tone would help.  Either way, it doesn't seem to be something anyone's focusing on too much, so it's not tipping the outrage scales.  These things only matter if people care.

That's the thing that really confuses me when it comes to things like the Foster story.  Why doesn't that story generate half the attention that other stuff does?  I have a hard time blaming it on the NFL when based on the limited coverage, no one else seems to care either.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

I'd imagine that the privacy of the policy wouldn't allow for them to provide documentation of exactly how many times he's been tested.  I wonder if audio of the comment is out there because that wording still makes me question whether or not the number is accurate.  The tone would help.  Either way, it doesn't seem to be something anyone's focusing on too much, so it's not tipping the outrage scales.  These things only matter if people care.

That's the thing that really confuses me when it comes to things like the Foster story.  Why doesn't that story generate half the attention that other stuff does?  I have a hard time blaming it on the NFL when based on the limited coverage, no one else seems to care either.

The initial quote was not definitive a couple weeks ago. This week it was. This is an odd thing to be questioning considering he said it.

People care, just maybe not you.

15 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The initial quote was not definitive a couple weeks ago. This week it was. This is an odd thing to be questioning considering he said it.

People care, just maybe not you.

I remember hearing that initial story a few weeks back. I’m not questioning whether or not he said it, just whether or not it’s completely accurate. “Like” 5 times leaves wiggle room. That and I’m never quite sure why we take some at their word and others we do not. 

As for Foster, I’m not saying I don’t care I’m just getting at the Kap comparison. The NFL isn’t as concerned a put it because it has generated nowhere near the same level of attention as the whole flag thing did. They live by the court of opinion and until it gets that mass attention, they won’t do anything. 

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

I remember hearing that initial story a few weeks back. I’m not questioning whether or not he said it, just whether or not it’s completely accurate. “Like” 5 times leaves wiggle room. That and I’m never quite sure why we take some at their word and others we do not. 

As for Foster, I’m not saying I don’t care I’m just getting at the Kap comparison. The NFL isn’t as concerned a put it because it has generated nowhere near the same level of attention as the whole flag thing did. They live by the court of opinion and until it gets that mass attention, they won’t do anything. 

That was the initial comment. The second comment had no “like.”

And you’re arguing that the NFL doesn’t care and that’s correct. And that’s a major problem. The NFL prefers domestic abusers to socially-conscious players.

It’s also an indictment of the fans that more people care about Kaep than Foster.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That was the initial comment. The second comment had no “like.”

And you’re arguing that the NFL doesn’t care and that’s correct. And that’s a major problem. The NFL prefers domestic abusers to socially-conscious players.

It’s also an indictment of the fans that more people care about Kaep than Foster.

They want less press as opposed to more press. I wouldn’t go as far as the generalization about abuse vs protest. Ray Rice never made it back either, granted he was well into the downside of his career at that point. 

Thats another aspect about this. People will disagree as to whether or not kneeling is disrespectful to the flag, but there are a good number of people out there who think it is. So with Kap, there’s proof that he kneeled. To this point, there is not yet proof for Foster. That’s going to shape the public reaction in both cases. 

49 minutes ago, shrader said:

They want less press as opposed to more press. I wouldn’t go as far as the generalization about abuse vs protest. Ray Rice never made it back either, granted he was well into the downside of his career at that point. 

Thats another aspect about this. People will disagree as to whether or not kneeling is disrespectful to the flag, but there are a good number of people out there who think it is. So with Kap, there’s proof that he kneeled. To this point, there is not yet proof for Foster. That’s going to shape the public reaction in both cases. 

This is all accurate and it’s still all ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.