Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

I completely agree. We need a qb, rb, C, LB, DT and either a CB or OT. With 6 picks in the top 3 rounds we can fill a lot of long term needs.

Also a smart move for the Browns. They were probably finding it hard to sign a decent FA. Taylor is under contract for decent starter QB money. Gives them a year to develop the QB they draft.

Thinking the same, they are getting one of the viking QB's.     My guess is they are going Bridgewater - Jackson though.

Thing is in the back of my mind I always thought Taylor was worth a late 2nd round pick and this is as good.

By trading Taylor before March 16, the day his contract calls for a $6 million bonus, the Bills will save $10.44 million against the 2018 salary cap, pushing their available space to more than $32 million with the start of free agency just days away.

They are not after cousins ? because that is coming close.

Ah nvm, still not enough cap space for him, they should still stand pat and use those picks to fill up the holes.

Edited by blåbär

Sure they can pitch the same FAs we do, but the player has to want to play there.  I don't see many top FA QBs wanting to go to a team as bad and as poorly managed as the Browns.

Considering we had not made the playoffs in 17 years and had a coaching carousel going, we aren't exactly a FA's #1 choice either. Maybe now it's a little different, but cash is king.

Edited by Gramps

Terrific value for Taylor.

Now. Sign a bridge veteran, move up into the top 10, and draft the future #1 guy.

Let’s gooooooo.

Terrific value indeed.  But unless they sign Bridgewater or something, I think we're in for a miserable season.

My guess: They move all the way up to 2, take their guy, and sign ... McCown (the Josh one).

Not great all the way around, but you hear all the time how McCown in a consummate pro. Show the rookie the way, etc.

Doubt they go to #2 - Giants need a Manning replacement and will want a franchise QB.

Do you trade Taylor without already having something in the works? I suspect they have a good idea of who they want and that player is very interested.

Do I?  No.  Does Beane?  I've no idea.

My guess: They move all the way up to 2, take their guy, and sign ... McCown (the Josh one).

Not great all the way around, but you hear all the time how McCown in a consummate pro. Show the rookie the way, etc.

Shoot me.

I believe that they're gunning for Rosen over Darnold.  That seems like the Bills move.  Either way getting a young QB is the smartest thing this franchise can do in the last several years. Amazing maneuvering of the roster.

If the Vikings win the Cousins sweepstakes, I think that Darnold goes to the Browns, Rosen to the Giants, Allen to the Broncos & Mayfield to the Jets possibly leaving Rudolph and Jackson to the Bills at 21/22. Jackson might be gone as well if the Cardinals/Chargers decide on a QB in the 1st. 

Move up and you might get who you want. 

Here is how it is going to go.....so you can stop wasting time reading all the guessing games.

Bills try to get Bradford and sign him to a couple years guaranteeing a certain amount of $$ and they don't get killed on the cap for more than 1 year

If Browns take Barkley at #1 and wait for the QB at #4, Bills will trade into the Giants spot

If Browns take their QB at 1, Giants will take Barkley at 2 and the Bills will trade with the Colts @ #3 to get their QB of the future

Here is how it is going to go.....so you can stop wasting time reading all the guessing games.

Bills try to get Bradford and sign him to a couple years guaranteeing a certain amount of $$ and they don't get killed on the cap for more than 1 year

If Browns take Barkley at #1 and wait for the QB at #4, Bills will trade into the Giants spot

If Browns take their QB at 1, Giants will take Barkley at 2 and the Bills will trade with the Colts @ #3 to get their QB of the future

Is this just your prediction?

Why is everyone so insistent that the Bills move up to get the QB of the future. This is a deep QB class but all these guys are flawed. Rudolph, who will likely slip to the 2nd rd is as likely to be as good a pro as Allen, Rosen or Darnold. I personally feel Mayfield is the best of the bunch and he’d be the only one I’d move up to get and hopefully it will be 10th or later. We have so many needs like RB, C, OT, LB, DE plus QB and we have the picks to fill all those spots in this draft. It seems silly not to fix the whole team, especially when we have the cap space to get a Bradford or Bridgewater who if healthy can lead this team deep into the playoffs. Bridgewater is young enough to be the QB of the future.

If they can't get a shot at Bradford, I think you'll see the next tier down which will all but guarantee that move up to 2 or 3.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.