Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

So is it better for the Bills in particular, or any team in particular, to avoid a comp-pick-triggering signing?

Or is it better to avoid those because it means you don't diminish the slot at which your team is picking in later rounds? E.g., picking 81st instead of 82nd.

So is it better for the Bills in particular, or any team in particular, to avoid a comp-pick-triggering signing?

Or is it better to avoid those because it means you don't diminish the slot at which your team is picking in later rounds? E.g., picking 81st instead of 82nd.

It's something to consider when signing a player. However I believe the value of comp picks has become overstated. 

I assume this is a "generate roster competition" move for that rb2 slot?

The guaranteed money makes me think he's definitely on the roster for at least this year. 

The team announced that they have agreed to terms with Chris Ivory on a two-year contract. The pact is worth $5.5 million in base salary, with $3.25 million guaranteed in the first year, and can be worth up to $6 million max, sources informed of the deal told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919739/article/buffalo-bills-agree-on-twoyear-deal-with-chris-ivory

Edited by Lanny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.