Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Mayfield pro day - 

Broncos and Dolphins are in attendance.  Browns are not.  Bills haven't been seen there.   :cry:

God dammit

If I were a team, I'd never send anyone to a QB's pro day unless they were coming off a major injury and I wanted to get a better look at his recovery. There is nothing to gain from watching these guys throw in shorts to receivers against air.

It's gonna be Allen and Peterman. Just accept it. 

I think I hate you more than Brad Marchand.

I'm not sure I follow.

Nelson is the guard from Notre Dame, they were in on Andrew Norwell as their O Line is greatest need. Nelson is one of the highest rated guards to enter the draft in a long time. Those two would solidify the O Line for Eli.

And I would rather they draft a guard rather than a QB with the second pick especially if they do not trade with anyone.

Didn't see it posted earlier.. McCarron has an offer on the table from New England.

Kirk MinihaneVerified account@kirkmin
FollowFollow @kirkmin
More

Patriots have made a contract offer to A.J. McCarron, per source.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-patriots-offered-deal-j-120651782.html

And that is to ###### the Bills and for no other reason.  If McCarron really wants his shot to start, he'll obviously turn it down.

I still wouldn't sign him long-term or for big money here, though.

The Taylor trade is starting to look very bad.

Edited by Eleven

In an interview with Brandon Beane, Jeremy White asked him what QBs he had seen on scouting trips and his answer was all the ones that matter, when asked to expand he said the ones that will be drafted in the first round.

There is as far as I can tell no record of him scouting Josh Allen in person.

He did see Mason Rudolph Twice as well as Rosen and Darnold.

And there is no reason to trade up for the former, the latter damn straight.

Tomorrow is UCLA’s Pro Day as well as Oklahoma State’s.

Please go to LA Mr Beane.

Another factor to consider is that the Bills can bring these guys in for visits. There they can hold private workouts and have them meet with the staff 1 on 1. I’m willing to bet they put much greater emphasis on this then pro days

I really don't think its going to be Allen. They've been SO vocal about it. But we'll see where they move up too; if its outside the top 5 I'll believe its Allen.

Other reason I doubt Allen is because they haven't bought it a real vet to start. Allen is going to need time, its not a big secret that he's raw.

They all have flaws, just wonder which ones the team believes they can fix easy.

And that is to ###### the Bills and for no other reason. If McCarron really wants his shot to start, he'll obviously turn it down.

I still wouldn't sign him long-term or for big money here, though.

The Taylor trade is starting to look very bad.

Starting to look bad? It was stupid at the onset, especially for a team that had gone almost 2 decades without even a half way good one. You should never ditch your starting QB until you've got an upgrade already locked in place. They will be scrambling now and have come close to painting themselves into a corner. They've got little choice now but to over pay for one in a trade or sell the farm to trade up and pin their hopes for next season to an unproven rookie.

Wait, wait -- a few days out, and now the Tyrod trade stinks?

I can't see the video because youtube is blocked at my work but I've thought the Taylor trade was a huge mistake as soon as I found out. I'm one of only a handful of people on this board that didn't want him run out of town because he's not 6'4" and doesn't throw for 300 yard games.

If I were a team, I'd never send anyone to a QB's pro day unless they were coming off a major injury and I wanted to get a better look at his recovery. There is nothing to gain from watching these guys throw in shorts to receivers against air.

I think I hate you more than Brad Marchand.

You must hate him more than Marchand does. Marchand doesn't even know he exists. ;)

It seems increasingly likely to me that their plan is to move up, draft a QB and throw him in as the starter on day 1.

Which is really a scary prospect. Would REALLY prefer to have both the "stud" rookie AND a contingency plan at least as good as Taylor.

Still expect them to be able to climb to 2 or 3 w/out mortgaging this entire draft/ sabotaging the next one. But really don't see the Plan B being better than Taylor.

If they don't nail Plan A, this Autumn will be painful.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.