GDT: Ducks at Sabres 2-6-18 7p ET

pi2000

I miss our 3 game win streak

They're going to lose out the home-stand, aren't they?

Edit: one game left, of course they are. 

Will they lose out the month on home ice?

They are only on pace for 3.84 more Home wins the rest of the season. Nothing is out of the question.

That was some pretty brilliant coaching by Anaheim in that OT. They skated out of the zone twice to get changes in with us not being able to with the long change. Our skaters were dogged and couldn't even challenge their shooter.

Edited by SwampD

Went off Risto's blade, which drops that chance a bit ... still should have had it.

Didn't see it that way. (But don't care enough to go back & rewatch.) Thought Lehner expected Ristolainen to tip it ('cause he always does) but Henrique pulled it far enough to the sde that Risto's attemped deflection just missed.

Looked like Lehner expected the puck glove side (either because that's the side Henrique was moving towards, he expected a deflection, people ALWAYS go glove side on him there, or some combination thereof) but got high blocker side instead.

Just a poor play that he'd like back.

We've lost the most 1-goal games in the league, with 18. 

Anecdotal, but I seem to recall teams that lead the league in this stat often have very nice "next season"s. 

I think if you discount empty net goals it's actually 24, I believe you make your own luck but every mistake this team makes results in a goal for the opposition. Every mistake Risto makes is also HUGE. How does he miss Jack with that pass in OT by that much. We never had possession of the puck afterward.

Henrique must have shot that GWG with a bazooka because it didn't seem like Lehner made much of a move on it

Housley liked how they battled back! Oh wow Phil tell me more about how you just lost 4 games in a row at home. Or how you scored a whopping 6 goals in 4 games at home while letting in 12. Housley you are full of and "moral victories" are for losers. I am so sick and tired of hearing about how this team almost won. I don't care if what Phil is saying is mirage but I don't believe it is. I like a positive attitude but there is a difference between being positive and being a loser. This team is a loser. 

Housley liked how they battled back! Oh wow Phil tell me more about how you just lost 4 games in a row at home. Or how you scored a whopping 6 goals in 4 games at home while letting in 12. Housley you are full of ###### and "moral victories" are for losers. I am so sick and tired of hearing about how this team almost won. I don't care if what Phil is saying is mirage but I don't believe it is. I like a positive attitude but there is a difference between being positive and being a loser. This team is a loser.

You need to stop caring about what Phil says in pressers. None of it matters.

Housley liked how they battled back! Oh wow Phil tell me more about how you just lost 4 games in a row at home. Or how you scored a whopping 6 goals in 4 games at home while letting in 12. Housley you are full of ###### and "moral victories" are for losers. I am so sick and tired of hearing about how this team almost won. I don't care if what Phil is saying is mirage but I don't believe it is. I like a positive attitude but there is a difference between being positive and being a loser. This team is a loser. 

It's almost like his only head coaching experience before this was in high school. Rah rah, yay team. #millennialcoddling

Meh.  You got 29 games left.  I would think you'd be used to this by now.  Next year will be different.  If not, HCPH will be gone.

I never have been apathetic about this team before, but it appears that I've reached that point.

Good for you for finding your zen.  I still struggle.

It's almost like his only head coaching experience before this was in high school. Rah rah, yay team. #millennialcoddling

It's an investment.  Good Cop this year, Bad Cop next (when it matters).

Meh.  You got 29 games left.  I would think you'd be used to this by now.  Next year will be different.  If not, HCPH will be gone.

I refuse to accept it now. I am not playing this game anymore of "well right now it is okay because of X". It isn't okay now. It isn't okay next season. It isn't okay. 

It gives me no pleasure to say it, but I will reiterate my earlier claim that Lehner is the worst starting goalie in Sabres history.

In addition to yet another late-game choke on the GWG, the GAs that ROR didn't score also resulted from poor goaltending (i.e. fat rebounds deposited on the doorstep).

Yes, the team has many other flaws, but a young team simply needs better goaltending than this -- among other reasons, to close out wins and build confidence.

I think it's at least 50/50 that they let him walk for nothing this summer.

On the positive side, Reino's pass to Eichel for the PPG was very sweet.

I refuse to accept it now. I am not playing this game anymore of "well right now it is okay because of X". It isn't okay now. It isn't okay next season. It isn't okay. 

I can't argue with that.

On the positive side, Reino's pass to Eichel for the PPG was very sweet.

Yeah, just when you question Reino's worth, he does something like that.  Holy moley was that a great play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.