All Star Skills Competition, 1/27/18, 7:00pm, NBCSN

darksabre

I was actually kinda serious that I like the idea. Maybe not the events that could go on forever, but just having a fan in each "finishable" event would be fun.

I'd kill for the Sabres to implement it into their team skills competition, if only to see if my unwavering confidence in my ability to score a shootout goal on Lehner is justified.

Boeser with the victory in the accuracy competition 5 Targets in 11.1 Seconds.

He leads the all rookies with 24 Goals

He was drafted two spots after the pick traded for Lehner.

Thanks Tim

Boeser was one of the board favorites in the months leading up to that draft too.  Imagine him playing with Eichel for at least the next 8 seasons.

Boeser was one of the board favorites in the months leading up to that draft too. Imagine him playing with Eichel for at least the next 8 seasons.

I saw one full game. Found it on YouTube or something and was sold on him. I'll never forgive Murray.

San Jose get the next all star game, how about buffalo

I'm thinking for our 50th we might.

I saw one full game. Found it on YouTube or something and was sold on him. I'll never forgive Murray.

We have the infrastructure now, but it seems that the league prefers warm climates and/or markets in which it needs to grow the game.  It's kinda BS that LA has hosted three times since we have, SJ twice, TB twice, etc. but that's what the league is going to do.

We have the infrastructure now, but it seems that the league prefers warm climates and/or markets in which it needs to grow the game. It's kinda BS that LA has hosted three times since we have, SJ twice, TB twice, etc. but that's what the league is going to do.

Kinda like the NFL never having a Superbowl in a cold climate, well until this year.

Boeser with the victory in the accuracy competition 5 Targets in 11.1 Seconds.

He leads the all rookies with 24 Goals

He was drafted two spots after the pick traded for Lehner.

Thanks Tim

Boeser was one of the board favorites in the months leading up to that draft too.  Imagine him playing with Eichel for at least the next 8 seasons.

Of course, pre-draft rumblings were that Murray was eyeing Samsonov with that pick. On the one hand I understand daydreaming about Boeser playing with Eichel, but on the other hand, there's no reason to assume he'd have been the pick if the Lehner trade didn't happen.

Of course, pre-draft rumblings were that Murray was eyeing Samsonov with that pick. On the one hand I understand daydreaming about Boeser playing with Eichel, but on the other hand, there's no reason to assume he'd have been the pick if the Lehner trade didn't happen.

Honestly just another example of how useless Murray was. The fact that this board (i.e. a bunch of fans screwing around in their spare time) had better ideas for rebuilding the team isn't comforting.

Honestly just another example of how useless Murray was. The fact that this board (i.e. a bunch of fans screwing around in their spare time) had better ideas for rebuilding the team isn't comforting.

But, the flip side of that trade is Lehner is sitting on 2 consecutive shutouts & nearly 70 consecutive saves. IF he could do that consistently, the trade would've been fine. And that high end is what Murray saw as possible.

It didn't work out, but that's a hard one to trash him for.

But, the flip side of that trade is Lehner is sitting on 2 consecutive shutouts & nearly 70 consecutive saves. IF he could do that consistently, the trade would've been fine. And that high end is what Murray saw as possible.

It didn't work out, but that's a hard one to trash him for.

Drafting a Goalie at 21 would have been as foolish as making the trade in the first place.

The Sabres went into the 2015 Draft with what ended up being the 2nd, 21st, 25th and 31st Selections in the deepest Draft since 2003.

They came out with Jack, Kane, Lehner and ROR.

Two of those players probably will not be on the team next season and there are rumors that ROR is on the market as well

Yes there will be a return for the pending trades but those players are most likely two or three years away from contributing.

GMTM fell in love with certain players and money was no object when obtaining them and other GMs knew that.

Had he not traded 21 and also avoided Samsonov as he should have Boeser, White or Roslovic could have been a Sabres Prospect.

Edited by Brawndo

Are we going to pretend that everyone wasn't doing back flips on that draft day? O'Reilly, Eichel and a potential franchise goalie, with Kane and Bogosian already here. It was the zenith of ZFG!

Yeah, and as Buffalo fans we get sucked in.  Just like when Rex Ryan said, "We're going to build a bully."  We're so desperate for a winner we grab at every thread of hope.  And here the Sabres have won three in a row and we're doing it again.  Hope springs eternal.  There's always next year!

Edited by Anordning

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.