GDT: Sabres @ Oilers, 9pm ET, 1/23/2018 MSG

LGR4GM

Is it a bad look that the oilers didn't even try to wreck Lehner's shutout?

Why would not playing in the final minute be any worsea look than not playing the 1st 59?

They were as bad today as the Sabres were on Saturday. (That's not taking anything away from the Sabres. They played very well & deserved the win. But the Eulers were embarrassingly bad.)

They have been. (Well minus the Girgensons one; sorry, old school, can't agree w/ giving a guy an assist on a give & go he wasn't a part of.)

Almost positive this is the 1st time he's had 3 secondary assists in a single game. Truthfully, it's probably the 1st time he's had 3 2ndary assists in a single WEEK. Imagine how good his stats would be if he had anywhere close the # of 2ndary assists most guys leading their teams in points get.

Untapped potential, still. That makes me happy.

Falk owning McDavid more than once tonight has given me pause. Not stop, but pause.

I liked Falk a lot tonight.  Kinda reminds me of Jay McKee, though I'm not sure McKee would be able to skate with NHL today.  Stay at home, win battles low, frustrate guys with that little extra.

And with the talk in the post game of Eichel having, what is it, 24 points in the last 16 games; even though pretty sure the 1st couple of those still had Kane as his permanent linemate but it is NOT a coincidence that Eichel's stepped up to a higher level scoring-wise getting separated from Kane. Amazing how much more he can do when he actually has the puck. He's also picked up his play in his own end & away from the puck (which likely has nothing to do w/ Kane ;)).

It appears that Kane's in the doldrums since being assured he'll be traded. If he thought he had a future here he'd probably still be scoring at ~70% of the rate he was when paired w/ Jack. How many more points in the standings could they have if that was the case?

-------------------------------

Lehner hopefully has his head in the right place again, nice and sound all around.

Vancouver will be a big test for him.

It'll also be a huge test for Housley. Can he finally get them to play well 3 consecutive games & more imoortantly come away w/ 3W's?

And with the talk in the post game of Eichel having, what is it, 24 points in the last 16 games; even though pretty sure the 1st couple of those still had Kane as his permanent linemate but it is NOT a coincidence that Eichel's stepped up to a higher level scoring-wise getting separated from Kane. Amazing how much more he can do when he actually has the puck. He's also picked up his play in his own end & away from the puck (which likely has nothing to do w/ Kane ;)).

It appears that Kane's in the doldrums since being assured he'll be traded. If he thought he had a future here he'd probably still be scoring at ~70% of the rate he was when paired w/ Jack. How many more points in the standings could they have if that was the case?

Vancouver will be a big test for him.

It'll also be a huge test for Housley. Can he finally get them to play well 3 consecutive games & more imoortantly come away w/ 3W's?

Botterill needs to pull the trigger.

Doesn't help having Larsson as your Center

What a bizarre result.

I turned in after the 1st, and so wasn’t entirely surprised by the result - the Sabres fairly dominated the 1st. The score is a bit skewed maybe by hitting 3-3 on the peeper.

Inevitable that an earnest request regarding language would yield an Aud Club meme. #reddited

Eichel is leading the NHL in points since January 7th.

And only 4 points behind McDavid for the season.  Eichel's confidence has to be through the roof right now.  The guy is on a roll.  Loving it!!!

Joined Gilbert Perreault, Rick Martin and Thomas Vanek as the only players in franchise history to start a career with three straight 20-goal seasons.

Edited by GoPre

I am so glad they were able to win a blow out with a shut out at the same time. it was a late game so i only got to see a short amount in the beginning of the game. 

glad to see 23 got a goal and jack got 4 pts. 

To quote the illustrious Lou Brown

And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!

HtF did the shot counters gettheEulers @ 70 attempted shots? Were they calling missed pass attempts shot attempts?

No WAY did they try to take 22 more shots than the Sabres tried.

This is one of the reasons analytics should be looked at with a jaundiced eye. Home cooking of the stats goes back a long time in the NHL. Shots in Boston, hits on Long Island. That, plus a lot of the numbers you see are folks sitting at home (not necessarily in their basement) with a legal pad. I hope teams keep their own numbers in house.

Why would not playing in the final minute be any worsea look than not playing the 1st 59?

They were as bad today as the Sabres were on Saturday. (That's not taking anything away from the Sabres. They played very well & deserved the win. But the Eulers were embarrassingly bad.)

I just thought that if you are getting bagged like that, you owe it to your home fans to at least look like you are trying to wreck the shutout. Instead they ran out the clock. That's like the cherry on a crap sundae.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.