John's Team  

46 members have voted

1. 1. His team will be...

• New York Islanders
    • NYI
    • San Jose
    • Tampa
    • Toronto

It's kind of a shame that the NHL doesn't retain team names when they move like the NBA does, although the Islanders are staying put now that it looks like they're going to get a reasonable place to play. In the NBA, Utah Jazz is one of my favorites. In the NHL, how great would it be to have the Utah Islanders, Colorado Nordiques, Dallas North Stars, or if you want to go further back, the Dallas Golden North Seal Stars.

It's kind of a shame that the NHL doesn't retain team names when they move like the NBA does, although the Islanders are staying put now that it looks like they're going to get a reasonable place to play. In the NBA, Utah Jazz is one of my favorites. In the NHL, how great would it be to have the Utah Islanders, Colorado Nordiques, Dallas North Stars, or if you want to go further back, the Dallas Golden North Seal BARON Stars.

FTFY. ;)

It's kind of a shame that the NHL doesn't retain team names when they move like the NBA does, although the Islanders are staying put now that it looks like they're going to get a reasonable place to play. In the NBA, Utah Jazz is one of my favorites. In the NHL, how great would it be to have the Utah Islanders, Colorado Nordiques, Dallas North Stars, or if you want to go further back, the Dallas Golden North Seal Stars.

Also ... the NJ Rockies Scouts Devils.

• 3 months later...

Perhaps this is a ploy by Tavares' agent, they all know TP is willing to spend $.  Leak it out that JT is considering Buffalo, knowing TP will spend, drive up his offers from other teams and get one from a team that he really wants to play for.

too much tin foil hat?

Edited by Marions Piazza

Perhaps this is a ploy by Tavares' agent, they all know TP is willing to spend $.  Leak it out that JT is considering Buffalo, knowing TP will spend, drive up his offers from other teams and get one from a team that he really wants to play for.

too much tin foil hat?

But who's to say that Buffalo isn't one of those teams?  Despite the crappy record, I think the Sabres will have taken a YUGE step forward by the start of this season and the following seasons should see steady improvement.  It may be a good situation for him.

But who's to say that Buffalo isn't one of those teams?  Despite the crappy record, I think the Sabres will have taken a YUGE step forward by the start of this season and the following seasons should see steady improvement.  It may be a good situation for him.

Well, being pretty much the worst team in the league over the last half decade probably has something to do with it.

Signing and affording JT without going into cap hell right away will be tricky, we'd need to rid ourselves of one or two of Okposo, RoR, Moulson, Bogosian.  No one is taking Okposo, Moulson, or Bogo.  RoR could be moved, he has plenty of value on the market.  Problem is that we have no capable wingers.  Okposo might regain form being on a line with JT, but who else is there? Reinhart? sure, but he's do a raise, further complicating things towards the cap.

Will JT want to come here, not be a captain, and be fine with this being Eichel's team?

I just don't see a YUGE step forward this year, baby step for sure, we might be able to leap ahead of Ottawa and maybe Montreal in the division, but thats about it.  

It's a terrible situation for him here. There is nothing here for him. We are a garbage team with a garbage record that will, within 3 years, be unable to afford him without putting us in such serious cap trouble we can't yet again ice a competitive team. We are a new GM with a new HC nowhere near ready to win now. What's he gonna do? Come here and throw on the Assistant Captain so he can lose for the next 5 years in the oh so glamorous city of Buffalo? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.