Eichel on Fire; Why?

WildCard

-Death

-Taxes

-A 20/21 year old on the 30th best ES team in the league having a rough 25 game stretch before continuing to carry said team on back, somehow a top 7 ES point producer in the league despite all this

-Grumpy old men on message boards grumbling about attitude and having various other asinine takes during that 25 game stretch based on pure conjecture with no ultimate grounding in reality

:angel:

To be fair, not everyone throwing him under the bus was old. Plenty of middle agers in there :p

-Death

-Taxes

-A 20/21 year old on the 30th best ES team in the league having a rough 25 game stretch before continuing to carry said team on back, somehow a top 7 ES point producer in the league despite all this

-Grumpy old men on message boards grumbling about attitude and having various other asinine takes during that 25 game stretch based on pure conjecture with no ultimate grounding in reality

Randall I've missed you.

-Death

-Taxes

How long have you been saving up that red-hot take?

Why not ? The lack of production on Reinhart's part (and others) could be the very reason mentally Jack has decided to step up his game. 

Well, you say nothing of Eichel.  Simply Reinhart sucks.  You single out one player and now in your response you add "and others", etc.  Your first post doesn't relate back to the thread topic so it appears you are simply looking for another way to slam Reinhart.

If you had just come in and said "Perhaps Jack is realizing he needs to step it up given the lack of production from Reinhart and others." it would have been a completely different interpretation of what you were posting.

Jack is an elite talent - lets just get that out of the way.  He's trying to figure himself out at 21 years old on a putrid team.  I think him being "streaky" is perfectly acceptable especially given the lines have changed a dozen times or so (guessing).  

As to his recent surge it could be a myriad of different things as you all have mentioned above.  I'll add to the list and say it could be his conditioning kicking in.  He works hard int he off season and at nearing the half way point - having youth and work ethic at his back could be helping him wear down opponents.  

-Death

-Taxes

His attitude has sucked. He's been lazy and playing like until recently, when all the sudden he decided to start caring and skating again. There is a noticeable difference in the effort he puts into every shift recently 

His attitude has sucked. He's been lazy and playing like ###### until recently, when all the sudden he decided to start caring and skating again. There is a noticeable difference in the effort he puts into every shift recently 

With all due respect this is way way too harsh of an assessment.  

How?

Because the only thing we know is he wasn't playing as well as he was capable of, but your explanation makes him sound like a total turd. It inherently rejects equally likely alternatives to go full bore on the worst possible reasons. Eichel was also missing the net on shots he routinely hit, suggesting maybe he was going through a lull in confidence.

Well, you say nothing of Eichel.  Simply Reinhart sucks.  You single out one player and now in your response you add "and others", etc.  Your first post doesn't relate back to the thread topic so it appears you are simply looking for another way to slam Reinhart.

If you had just come in and said "Perhaps Jack is realizing he needs to step it up given the lack of production from Reinhart and others." it would have been a completely different interpretation of what you were posting.

Sorry, I'll ask the posting police to approve my post next time but Reinhart does suck right now and quite possibly Jack has picked it up as a result. And you make a point of saying Jack might not like having Moulson around (after he lived with him). Huh ? 

So maybe Jack doesn't like having Larsson around ? Or maybe Beaulieu ? Or perhaps Gorges ? 

Or maybe Jack is just a streaky player as others have pointed out. 

Edited by Gramps

Didn't Jack catch fire last year around this time as well? Granted he was injured at the start of the year, but perhaps, as a young player it's still taking him some time to get into the swing of things, to adjust, each season. I would guess quicker starts will come with experience and maturity.

-Death

-Taxes

I wouldn't call his start to the season "rough", though. 19 points in 26 games is pretty good, it's just not what we know he's capable of. Maybe that's what you meant.

Sorry, I'll ask the posting police to approve my post next time but Reinhart does suck right now and quite possibly Jack has picked it up as a result. And you make a point of saying Jack might not like having Moulson around (after he lived with him). Huh ? 

So maybe Jack doesn't like having Larsson around ? Or maybe Beaulieu ? Or perhaps Gorges ? 

Or maybe Jack is just a streaky player as others have pointed out. 

Relax "Gramps".  Get off my lawn much?  I'm merely pointing out that your initial post looks only like a comment on Reinhart and making a suggestion on what would have communicated your point better.  If you are not interested in my feedback that's fine.  Your retort about every other player is possible, but they are still here and the topic of the thread is why is Jack on fire.  Moulson is gone, so that actually did change and it may be related.  If he doesn't like Larsson and Larsson is still here then I doubt that's much of a reason for his improvement in play as nothing has changed there eh?

Calm your blood pressure and go grab something to eat at Cracker Barrel and then perhaps settle in and watch Jeopardy.

Relax "Gramps".  Get off my lawn much?  I'm merely pointing out that your initial post looks only like a comment on Reinhart and making a suggestion on what would have communicated your point better.  If you are not interested in my feedback that's fine.  Your retort about every other player is possible, but they are still here and the topic of the thread is why is Jack on fire.  Moulson is gone, so that actually did change and it may be related.  If he doesn't like Larsson and Larsson is still here then I doubt that's much of a reason for his improvement in play as nothing has changed there eh?

Calm your blood pressure and go grab something to eat at Cracker Barrel and then perhaps settle in and watch Jeopardy.

No, I'm not interested in your feedback or your insults. Relax son ...

Between "assinine takes" and the old man stuff, this is getting out of hand.  We had a good couple of months of give and take on this board that were relatively civil in the face of a team that was horrid bad.  Now they start to look good, and our tank prize is starting to play like one, and the attacks start.  WTF?

Between "assinine takes" and the old man stuff, this is getting out of hand.  We had a good couple of months of give and take on this board that were relatively civil in the face of a team that was horrid bad.  Now they start to look good, and our tank prize is starting to play like one, and the attacks start.  WTF?

There are always some on any discussion board that feel the need to police the board. Anything that doesn't violate the TOS is fair game in my book and if I see a post I think might not be relevant to a discussion, I just ignore it. 

Carry on ... gotta get to Cracker Barrel before 6:30 for the senior special. 

Because the only thing we know is he wasn't playing as well as he was capable of, but your explanation makes him sound like a total turd. It inherently rejects equally likely alternatives to go full bore on the worst possible reasons. Eichel was also missing the net on shots he routinely hit, suggesting maybe he was going through a lull in confidence.

I'm not rejecting other reasons, I'm taking the lost likely one based off of his 3 years here. We've been saying it since day one, and nothing's changed

Eating at cracker barrel and watching jeopardy is insulting? PA calls that Friday night.

More like mid to late afternoon. I figured out my DVR gizmo.

There are always some on any discussion board that feel the need to police the board. Anything that doesn't violate the TOS is fair game in my book and if I see a post I think might not be relevant to a discussion, I just ignore it. 

Carry on ... gotta get to Cracker Barrel before 6:30 for the senior special. 

You must be a youngen to eat that late!

How?

I largely agree with True Blue but I'll add you made him sound like a malcontent.  The whole team has a had a crappy attitude and IMO, they should.  Not because they all suck and don't try because losing sucks, especially when it caught you by surprise.  In hindsight we should have seen that the likelihood of us being a playoff contender was an overshot but I think the players felt optimistic too - then they crashed.  In addition, he wasn't playing like ####, things were off and it pissed him off.  Did he handle it correctly?,  no.  Did he handle it like a 21 year old?,  yes.  

For me, I just felt the losing was going to be hardest on him and I expected negative effects.  I also know he'll still get his, because he's just too good and driven.

Jack shows it when he's pissed - let's pick someone else like O'Reilly who doesn't.  O'reilly tells everyone how bad he's playing and how terrible he feels about it in an interview - maybe makes him seem more mature and endearing about the hardship.  I kind of want him to stop talking like that and show the emotion on the ice (i.e. Jack).  JMO

Edited by 7+6=13

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.