Canada vs USA: WJC Outdoor Game, 3:00pm EDT. 12-29-2017

WildCard

The myth of the frozen pond died with Gordie Howe.

Most of these kids have never played in a rink their parents didn’t drive them to in the Lexus SUV.

Clearly missed the story on the kids talking about skating on the ponds at home?

I'm sure they spend a lot of time on regular rinks but to assume they spend no time on backyard rinks is crazy. On my son's team there are at least 5 families who build their own rinks each year. We have had one in town regularly. We hit that often.

Great game by Team USA. Perhaps the refs not calling a 5 minute major on that hit really got them motivated.

Fun game to watch.

Clearly missed the story on the kids talking about skating on the ponds at home?

I'm sure they spend a lot of time on regular rinks but to assume they spend no time on backyard rinks is crazy. On my son's team there are at least 5 families who build their own rinks each year. We have had one in town regularly. We hit that often.

Great game by Team USA. Perhaps the refs not calling a 5 minute major on that hit really got them motivated.

Fun game to watch.

LTS, a lot of those kids never played pond hockey.  If you read the TBN retrospective on the 2008 game, most of those guys didn't grow up playing pond hockey, either.

Dare I make a pun and say it's a new era?

LTS, a lot of those kids never played pond hockey. If you read the TBN retrospective on the 2008 game, most of those guys didn't grow up playing pond hockey, either.

Dare I make a pun and say it's a new era?

I guess the kids from Minnesota were all lying then?

Pond hockey rules, my son took a photo today of pond hockey being played in northern westchester pound ridge park..cant post because cant resize with iphone :( however, we played on the Grover Cleveland golf course ponds...

I guess the kids from Minnesota were all lying then?

Exactly and the outdoor ponds in around Amherst Ma with kids playing all day are a figment of my imagination..

Fun game to watch.

but when you hit those rinks, do you do it in your lexus?

Kids play on backyard or other outdoor rinks all the time, but the majority of those kids aren't anywhere near the skill level of the kids that will play professional hockey. The ones that do don't end up having much time to play pond hockey or would be prohibited from doing so to not risk and injury probably....

Edited by apuszczalowski

Did you read the article that I referenced or no?

No. I'm on my phone. I'll look for it. But I'm not sure how it refutes the story on the kids talking about playing on the pond and me referencing the number of rinks I know we have around here.

Casey looks like the guy who will turn Jack into a 50 goal scorer.

If you can create 3 goals in this mess, you can do just about anything in a hockey game.

I agree. And potentially vice versa as well.

He should stay in college one more year, I want to see him gain some muscle.

Can Botterill risk letting Casey get within two years of free agency, given any choice at all?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.