GDT: Bruins @ Sabres 12/19/2017, 7:30pm NBCS

jsb

This team is expansion level bad.  Not even in a tank mode.  Sad.  Murray's vision did not pan out.  This will take years to turn this around to a decent team.  Eichel is playing like a second line talent.  Even totally healthy this squad can not score.  Long season drags on.  Sabres will probably wiff on getting the top pick in the draft. 

Phil is just not getting it done here with this group. How much longer do the fans of the franchise stop going to the key bank center

Phil Housely answers...

"I don't have an answer"

"I can't explain it"

And somehow this guy won Terry Pegula over? Give me a ###### break

Because he was a former Sabre and the fan base will go goo goo over him

That's because they have 2 talented players out of 18. And one of them didn't give a sh!t tonight.

worst shooting team doesn’t help Edited by Jacque Richard

I can think of no reason to expect this.

I dunno, the JBOTs "we'll take calls on anyone not named Jack Eichel" was a bit telling...

That aside, I still believe all parties involved knew this was going to be a tough season. And I have to believe that there's a plan. This year is down the toilet. Just give us something...

Great now we’re praising effort from a bunch of overpaid hockey players. One sad franchise

Why do you stick around?

Sincere question. If they make you this miserable, why aren’t you finding something better to do?

Edited by Mick O’Manly

Been following and hoping before I get planted they might be real good.

been watching them since 1970.

Miserable far from it.

Everybody is frustrated with the dam ass Sabres.

Go read the buffalo news Facebook comments mick!

You don’t live here.

Tell me again how you like losing for the past 47 years.

The franchise expect everyone to buy their crappy product. Season ticket holders are taking it in the poopshoot

This was the first game I watched wire to wire in a while.

Pretty entertaining game IMHO that could’ve gone either way. The Sabres has quite a few chances in the first period and had the better of the play, and then it was pretty even in the 2nd and 3rd with perhaps a slight edge to the Bruins.

The Bruins are clearly a better team but the Sabres were quite competitive.

I hate to risk irritating Inky, but the difference between the teams tonight wasn’t much more than the spread between their respective #1 picks in 2014 and 2016 — Pastrnak and MacAvoy vs Reino and Nylander.

Add to that Marchand being better than Eichel and Bergeron being better than ROR and there’s your margin.

ROR has one goal in his last 15 games. I think either he or Reino or both will be gone this summer.

Still: I was encouraged. They had a lot more life than they did a month ago.

Tonight, especially in the first period, may have been the most we’ve seen of the five-man attack Housley was supposed to bring. The D looked pretty good both ways tonight and had a physical edge.

And there were some terrific high-effort defensive plays from the forwards - Kane on the backcheck, Pominville’s diving shotblock.

When you’ve been down as long as we have, it’s hard to focus on anything other than the lack of goals.

But it’s up to Housley to focus on what they are doing right and keep that coming.

If they play like that more often, they’re going to win their share.

The utter humiliation of the Bruins in tonight's game will foreshadow the Patriots loss to the Bills this Sunday.

#YouHeardItHereFirst

Welp, looks like the Bills are going to get creamed on Sunday.

I guess hoping for a win for my birthday was a bit too much to ask. At least I had a delightful dinner, a nice cocktail and some pretty good local chocolate this evening.

Happy Birthday! Sorry the Sabres let you down.

Edited by Mustasch av gud

16 shot first period is pretty good. Keep it up and the goals will come or Khudobin will be the first star.

Prophet.

I can't find a single stream that isn't a lagged out mess tonight. Guess I'll go watch something else.

I felt this pain.

Yes but Lehner went down to early

That’s what she said.

I guess hoping for a win for my birthday was a bit too much to ask. At least I had a delightful dinner, a nice cocktail and some pretty good local chocolate this evening.

Amazing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.