Sabres at Avalanche, 12/5/2017, 9 PM ET

Doohickie

Marty and Duffer talking up Wilson. He is playing well, definitely an injection of speed with him and ERod.

Wilson made a nice play in the first, bringing the puck out of the corner and turning to shoot on net. It was a play I thought Matty would never have made. Plus he kills penalties.

Swiss Army knife.

I think MSG screws Ray and RJ on that. I could see that it was clearly plausible that they tagged up before Larsson entered the zone.

The first replay angle showed it. Then they went with that closer look focusing ONLY on the puck. Yeah, if that's all you can see then it's offsides.

They don't look much better yet. Still a lot of the same plays but they have scored. I like what I'm seeing from 20 and 71 tonight.

Marty and Duffer talking up Wilson. He is playing well, definitely an injection of speed with him and ERod.

Wilson made a nice play in the first, bringing the puck out of the corner and turning to shoot on net. It was a play I thought Matty would never have made. Plus he kills penalties.

Swiss Army knife.

I like how he took it deeper into the heart of the slot and didn't panic and just throw one on goal. He looks like he's been around good players in a Cup run.

But what about possession? Doesn't he have possession of the puck on the other side of the blue line regardless of where his skates are?

Nope. Larsson hits the puck in the neutral zone and before his trailing skate crosses the blue line the other players are able to tag up. It was basically a short delayed offside.

Also, you said you weren't watching this one. You lied.

Possession but not control. Oh hi, Taro.

Doesn't matter whether he's got control (nor whether the Sabres have possession), the puck preceded all 3 players into the zone. Larsson didn't touch the puck inside the zone until after everybody had cleared the zone.

As LTS correctly stated, it was a (very brief) delayed offsides play that was tagged up and onsides.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.