GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Pittsburgh Penguins, 7PM EST, MSG-B, NHL.tv

MattPie

Glad Pommers got that goal. He's a good guy and I feel bad that he's stuck on this nightmare of a team.

Agreed. And his experience now is probably souring any remaining positive memories from his time here before.

Crosby loves to play the Sabres

Edited by Thorny

I agree that they underachieved with both, but with DD they at least looked somewhat competitive. I think the way Housley came in wanting to play is fast paced, go hard and quick play. That doesnt suit 75% of our roster. Our guys are not fast. The only ones that have shown good play this year are those who are fast. DD saw that and played a slower game to be more effective, his problem was his constant hampering of star player (Pittsburgh much?) 

There are definitely dead weight players here but we need to show different opportunities(coach) in order to see who still has potential, if any.

When it comes to Roch, I Completely understand waning to grow them together. The problem is a majority of our "core" is signed here long term, so whenever they are brought up theyll need to learn how/if they fit with those guys. Id rather bring them up now for a bit, see what role they may fit into better then send them back with a role to prctice and excel at.

Firing Housley three months into his first season as the Sabres would be preposterous. The dead weight on this team played this way under DD and is still playing like sh!t under Housley.

Besides who takes over as HC? Davis Payne? Chris Taylor who has the same amount of experience as a HC as HCPH does. Also what HC worth his salt would come anywhere near the Sabres if predecessor was let go after less than half a season.

And yes the core is signed long term, but it would not surprise me if ROR, Risto or Reinhart are moved in addition to Kane. This is not Botterill’s Core so I do not expect it to remain the same.

Eichel had some good plays this game.

I've never attended a practice, but if I didn't know any better, I'd assume Housley is not drilling certain fundamentals and is not preparing them for how to successfully cycle the puck against an NHL defensive zone "scheme," if you'd call it that. Seems every team can successfully shut the Sabres down in the O-zone.

And then there's Housley's talk of playing "aggressive," which seems like it just encouraged our boys to make stupid plays trying to pinch, etc., allowing an inordinate about of odd-man rushes against us.

Then there's my Lehner theory. He's Swiss cheese. Which is why we can't score on NHL goaltenders- our guys are used to scoring in practice when most NHL goalies would make the save.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.