DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

Why?

Wouldn't his absolute best move be Mick's suggestion -- ie best contract from a good team?

The comment I was replying to was about Kane WANTING to be here. So, if that was the case the his best move is to get traded now and have a shot at the playoffs and come back next season.

If he’s all about Kane then his best move his clearly to go to free agency.

This is from Brandon Sommerstein a Philadelphia Sports Reporter FWIW

Just got this in a text from a source, “Flyers and Buffalo talking major trade.” He continued “Flyers now willing to move big young prospects to bolster young talented core” #Flyers #FlyersTalk #LetsGoFlyers #Sabres

Edited by Brawndo

Just got this in a text from a source, “Flyers and Buffalo talking major trade.” He continued “Flyers now willing to move big young prospects to bolster young talented core” #Flyers #FlyersTalk #LetsGoFlyers #Sabres

Lehner and Kane? For some of that young Philly D?

Can’t see anything else that I’d call “major” other than Kane.

I'd guess this guy took Friedman's report and changed the words a bit and made it his own. Nothing more but a fraud.

If he was nearly as good as this sounds like he is, he'd have more followers by now.

Mike Smith had to be helped off the ice with 1 second left in the game today. He’s having a huge year for Calgary. Could they become desperate for a goalie?

I was thinking the same, and they could view Lehner as a future goalie too as Smith is 35. Not sure how they feel about Jon Gillies?

Winnipeg Jets have three people listed on attendance sheet tonight: Mark Dobson, the director of pro scouting, and pro scouts Jack Birch and Peter Ratchuk.

I'm guessing they're not here to watch former Jet Evander Kane, but wouldn't that be something if they were?

Per John Vogl

Well theres only one way that works, Buff for kane. They can throw in Hutchinson, and maybe Schiefle too since they can win without him......

I was thinking the same, and they could view Lehner as a future goalie too as Smith is 35. Not sure how they feel about Jon Gillies?

Apparently they have like 4-5 goalies in development there, from what I read that is probably their strength when it comes to trade chips this year.

They may need to look for someone for this season if Smith is out long term, but they won't be looking for a "goalie of the future" cause apparently they have a couple of those already.

Didn't Sanheim recently (and somewhat randomly) get reassigned to the AHL? *begins daydreaming*

Lol. Can’t wait to see what Botterill does with that 2021 *conditional* 7th rounder

;) :p

Flyers been scouting us apparently.

Any chance they’re interested in Lehner?

It was rumoured back in December.

I think this is likely who they'd want. Hextall might actually see a little of himself in Lehner and when Elliot was injured they floundered badly. I think they only make that trade though if they plan to sign Lehner, not as a rental. 

Mike Smith had to be helped off the ice with 1 second left in the game today. He’s having a huge year for Calgary. Could they become desperate for a goalie?

I would think they'd call up Gillies first IMO.  Unless they wanted Johnson back who was fairly consistent for them last year. 

Same sources posted here previously or something new?

A friend sent it to me but some reporter said the flyers want to add to their young core and he was told a large trade with the Sabres was in the works. Would involve a couple current Sabres for several prospects and picks. Mainly prospects.

Rumor is the flyers and Sabres are making a deal. It's currently being worked out. Flyers want a couple under 30 guys to add to their young core

The list of prospects that I like in their system is so appealing:  German Rubstov, Philippe Myers, Oskar Lindblom, Morgan Frost, Carter Hart, Isaac Ratcliffe, Felix Sandstrom, Pascal Laberge, Matej Tomek, Maxim Sushko, Carsen Twarynski, Tanner Laczynski, Wade Allison, Mikhail Vorobyov.  Just different layers of interesting talents  all over the place. 

I would add at this time of year this could mean the Sabres talked about it. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Correct, I was just looking over their farm system with envy.  That's not even counting Sanheim and Morin who I'm not as fond of as others.

Edited by De Listig Ett

A friend sent it to me but some reporter said the flyers want to add to their young core and he was told a large trade with the Sabres was in the works. Would involve a couple current Sabres for several prospects and picks. Mainly prospects.

Thanks for the update

Senators talking to teams about Derick Brassard; price is believed to be a 1st RD pick, top prospect plus 3rd piece. Brassard has another year left on his deal next season at $5 M aav although it's $3.5 M in real cash

Thanks for the update

Senators talking to teams about Derick Brassard; price is believed to be a 1st RD pick, top prospect plus 3rd piece. Brassard has another year left on his deal next season at $5 M aav although it's $3.5 M in real cash

Gross, pass!  I find this even less appealing than someone like Rick Nash. 

Thanks for the update

I wonder if your post was what my friend was telling me about.  I didn't see your previous post.