Ray questions lack of character players; Schopp discloses rumors on "partiers"

PASabreFan

I think SDS has lost the room, we don't have enough leadership on SS.... I blame it on not negotiating a new contract with ghost and letting him walk for nothing.

SS is going to endure some "suffering"

Ghost and Deluca both MIA. 

Yeah I have not blocked anyone although I do not post much and always stay away from these wrestling matches anyway.    :ph34r:

Your wrong!

Who cares save it for the sabrespace meet up where you can stalk PA.   :P

I guess when a team is this bad for this long you can't expect much better from a group of disgruntled fans. The team is a waste of my time and so is talking about them. Maybe I'll be back if and when JBot does something significant. Other than signing a slacker kid to an 8 million a year extension that is. 

So congrats old timers, you pushed me out - f-you and this stupid team.

Well the first few posts seemed productive and on-point, then it deteriorated into typical chat forum ######.

Too bad, b/c I thought the original post was interesting and Mike Schopp's comments caught my attention as well.

I had not heard anything about the "partying rumors" that he mentioned.  

Isn't this place filled with college-aged kids who still live in Buffalo?

What do you guys see?  When I was that age and living in Buffalo, we used to see then-current Sabres out all the time.

Buffalo is a pretty small place.  Do some homework!  Get out into those clubs and bars and do some stalking!  

That's got to be at least as interesting as watching the actual hockey; this team is terrible.

Edited by Kruppstahl

I guess when a team is this bad for this long you can't expect much better from a group of disgruntled fans. The team is a waste of my time and so is talking about them. Maybe I'll be back if and when JBot does something significant. Other than signing a slacker kid to an 8 million a year extension that is. 

Stick around. I enjoy strong views whether I share them or not. The Valkyries ultimately perch.

Pokey, the key is to not get too emotionally tied to sports teams. Disappointment maybe but life has so many other things to put emotion into that are much more in our control. I enjoy sports. Followed Buffalo teams since mid sixties but my life's not effected all that much by what happens with them win or,in our case, lose.

I've stayed out of your drama until now.  Many of your posts have been good.  Some haven't.  Just like almost everyone else here.

But you write four sentences about how the team is bad and then conclude that other posters have "pushed [you] out," and finish with a nice you to the rest of the board.  You know, I don't think I'm going to miss your content all that much.

Pokey, the key is to not get too emotionally tied to sports teams. Disappointment maybe but life has so many other things to put emotion into that are much more in our control. I enjoy sports. Followed Buffalo teams since mid sixties but my life's not effected all that much by what happens with them win or,in our case, lose.

Correct I stopped really caring anymore. I just hope that one day they might be competitive

Edited by Jacque Richard

The partying rumors are sadly true. I have a few friends that work in the restaurant business and say they are ripping it up on a more than regular basis. Even worse, last season one clique would call ahead to a restaurant and make sure the other would be gone when they arrived. Not good.

The partying rumors are sadly true. I have a few friends that work in the restaurant business and say they are ripping it up on a more than regular basis. Even worse, last season one clique would call ahead to a restaurant and make sure the other would be gone when they arrived. Not good.

This is definitely not good.

I had heard some rumors about partying from friends of friends in the restaurant business that I chose not to post because the connection is too tenuous, but I definitely believe you.

If it was last year, I'm guessing someone was calling ahead to make sure Gionta had left.

Oh, this is too good! I want you to dish this all out so bad, complete with names, cliques, beverages of choice and who doesn't tip worth a sh!t.

Wow.  You're winning favors there.   You really should be leaving if you want to start swearing at people who disagree with you and blaming them for your problems.  I hope by leaving you can reduce your apparent angst against people and a hockey team and begin to enjoy the rest of your life.

But you write four sentences about how the team is bad and then conclude that other posters have "pushed [you] out," and finish with a nice ###### you to the rest of the board.  You know, I don't think I'm going to miss your content all that much.

The f-u was directed at the small elite squad who think their opinions matter more than others. The ones who threaten that they will ignore you with the delusion that that would actually matter to anyone, like oh no if he ignores me I will be so gutted...............NOT the entire board who are mostly normal disgruntled fans. I didn't think that would need explanation. It was just for the judges and the critics. 

The f-u was directed at the small elite squad who think their opinions matter more than others. The ones who threaten that they will ignore you with the delusion that that would actually matter to anyone, like oh no if he ignores me I will be so gutted...............NOT the entire board who are mostly normal disgruntled fans. I didn't think that would need explanation. It was just for the judges and the critics. 

I think this is way more prevalent than a lot of people are willing to admit. As others have said, it goes back to losing a lot of good posters of contrary opinions, and the whole blocking of people who you disagree with. Pokey seems to be talked down to, as are quite a few other newer posters who go against the grain, far more than other established poster, even when they aren't saying controversial things. 

I don't agree with a lot of what Pokey or what some of the other "controversial" newer posters have to say, and I never particularly liked GoDD, but blocking and forcing out posters you disagree with only harms the board, and doing it in other avenues only makes those ones more divisive too.  

Not to mention that that unless you're speaking out against the popular opinion, a lot of posters are straight up ignored and I'm sure post much less because of it (I know I do, even though I'm on here everyday.) It doesn't surprise me that there are passionate Sabres fans are willing to rile people up to be a member of the conversation.