GDT: Capitals @ Sabres, 7pm NBCSN, 11/7/17

LGR4GM

Your Buffalo Sabres (4-8-2) take on the Crapitals (8-6-1) tonight at the First Key Marine Arena Center. Will they win? Idk, I just hope the actually play. Lines will come later but expect Kane - Eichel - Pomminstein to still be a thing. Sounds like Griffin - Reinhart - and Baptiste could go as a line. Poiliout - ROR - Okposo and of course the land of misfit toys with Larsson, Moulson, and whoever is left. No idea on defensmen yet. Let's go Buffalo. Rah Rah! or something...

The Sabres have been off since Saturday, licking their wounds and telling themselves if not for those 4 other goals they didn't bother with, it was a 1-1 game! Nothing like a moral victory or something. While the Sabres have rested and a list of players have started skating again, the Capitals played last night in Washington against a very tough Arizona team. They managed to hold off the Glendale Coyotes and won in OT 3-2. What does this mean? It means a team that is fresh and ready to go versus the a lazy and tired Sabres squad most likely.

We have seen a period of good play, or sometimes only 7-8 minutes but an entire game of actually looking good? Still waiting for that miracle. We need more from everyone but since his birthday was the other day, Sam Reinhart isn't fine and he probably knows it. That said, Eichel is still doing okay, although he really needs to find another level. I say needs to because I know it exists.

What is some good news? Evander Kane. Once an outcast, now seemingly finding his grove. Is this because he is in a contract year or did it finally click for him? Don't know, don't care. His 7g, 6a for 13pts in 14 games is fantastic and a loan bright spot this season, may he continue this play.

usatsi_9022377.jpg?itok=Nl0ION0X

NBC has to be shitting bricks right now. "How are our Winter Classic teams doing?" *Looks at standings* "Oh. Oh god."

Well, people in Buffalo tune in anyway, even when the Sabres aren't playing.  They'll be happy to pull in some NYC numbers.  After that it's a wash.  Given the row between NBC and NHL over the Olympics I am surprised they are putting any effort into broadcasting games.  

Go Buffalo.. 

Well, people in Buffalo tune in anyway, even when the Sabres aren't playing.  They'll be happy to pull in some NYC numbers.  After that it's a wash.  Given the row between NBC and NHL over the Olympics I am surprised they are putting any effort into broadcasting games.  

Go Buffalo.. 

I think that whole "symbolic middle finger" to the NHL thing was way overblown. Olympics gets ratings, and NBC only has so many channels to show them, so they're going to show them on NBCSN instead of, what, 4 NHL games in those two weeks?

I think I've watched 6 games this year. We've won 3. I'll be watching tonight so we will definitely win or lose!

I've only watched 1 game this entire year, the last one against Dallas. Really slacking in getting my weekly dose of depression from these guys 

I've only watched 1 game this entire year, the last one against Dallas. Really slacking in getting my weekly dose of depression from these guys

I've turned the corner in my sports depression. I can and will still yell at the screen, however, when the game is done, so am I. I no longer let the sabres and the bills ruin entire days of my life.

7-2 Capitals. Ovechkin hatty 

I've turned the corner in my sports depression. I can and will still yell at the screen, however, when the game is done, so am I. I no longer let the sabres and the bills ruin entire days of my life.

Getting there. The Bills I did this year. The Sabres though, I just can't wrap my head around this. It makes no sense 

welcome to the club.

my #1 priority with fandom nowadays is to refuse to give that part of myself over to what the team is or is not doing. it's an effing waste of time. i've got lots to do in life, and i can't have my loyalty to certain sports teams compromising everything else.

i still have fun with it, mind you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.