GDT: Sabres VS Vancouver, 7 pm ET, 20/10/17

MODO Hockey

no way, unless he retires/quits/goes insane. They made the coach and GM move and nothing is changing, now it's time to break up the locker room and make a change with the talent. And not just with the bottom 6, some big moves of some of the guys at the top

Agree.  I'd start with Rhino and Risto.

Listening to the postgame and it’s the same ######. I like it the coaching staff is going to look at tape and break it down. Truth is each player needs to look at themselves in the mirror and need to put forth the effort. This team sucks until they put the effort. I don’t see Housley staying if this keeps continuing.

Thank you for the last sentence

Yeah, Jack simply impacts the game far more than those guys ever have. And is now scoring at the clip we hoped for.

Okposo is dead, ROR is better but still falling all over the place, and Sam, Kyle, and Jake died, and Risto is dumb, and the goalies can't get out oftheir own heads.

You forgot to mention Robin is the only goalie that can’t stop a beach ball in a shootout.

I honestly wonder if Eichel will end up killing himself through sheer anger. The guy was one of three who played rather well tonight. Bailey and Johnson deserve awards for their performance based on the rest. ROR wasn't awful, Reinhart showed up back on the wing but still did very little. The rest played slow as a snail in both mind and body. Pommers gets a pass, he at least plays well for his age.

Risto needs to be given less time on the ice, we can't be much worse if he got to play 24min instead of 28min. Throw Baloo over the Falls

Edited by thewookie1

We don't have enough good players. Simple as that. Different coaches, different system, same results.

I still subscribe to the old "build down the middle" theory. I like our top-2 centers. Our goaltending is not bad, but not great - pretty average. But, we're woeful on defense.

We only have one and a winger with good pk skills masquerading as the other.

I think this team is uncoachable.

Eichel is the only guy doing anything and he'd be able to do even more if his linemates (more often) played to complement him and didn't just wait for him to do something or pass them the puck. 

This I actually agree with. Good take

Yeah, Jack simply impacts the game far more than those guys ever have. And is now scoring at the clip we hoped for. 

Okposo is dead, ROR is better but still falling all over the place, and Sam, Kyle, and Jake died, and Risto is dumb, and the goalies can't get out oftheir own heads.

I just don't see it, he isn't the problem with the team right now, and not saying he can't become those guys, but how is he a game changer? Who is he making better out there? Okposo looked like a good deal for his contract he got with buffalo, but he hasn't looked the same without Tavares. Who can you say the same for with Eichel? Everyone talks about him being a leader/captain material, but this locker room is looking like a giant mess of guys who don't care or are just going through the motions. Jack has even at times look like hes just coasting

There's nothing to blow up. They already blew it up.

Too many depth players aren't good.

The core might not be good enough.

And I am too old to invest any more time in praying for the pipeline.

I decided to step away from the Bills because they were responsible for too much negative energy in my life.

Haven't regretted it.

Maybe I need to think about investing less time in the Sabres.

Too many depth players aren't good.

The core might not be good enough.

And I am too old to invest any more time in praying for the pipeline.

I decided to step away from the Bills because they were responsible for too much negative energy in my life.

Haven't regretted it.

Maybe I need to think about investing less time in the Sabres.

You leave us I'll hunt you down you bastard

I'd totally consider moving one or both. The only guys who can bring a big return are players like this. One thing I'll give GMTM is he wasn't afraid to pull the trigger on a "wow" sort of trade (for better or worse).

Fasching/Baptiste fills for Rhino and Guhle for Risto.  Might as well bring up the youngins.

Start with a remould around Eichel then. He's a franchise guy, clearly. I'm honestly not going to waste time arguing for anyone else. If Botterill is looking to make trades, and he should be, everyone else needs to be on the table.

A guy like Reinhart might actually have value. But hurry because it's slipping fast. (And I just read that good Coller article on him, today, too.)

I'm really getting close to being in the "prefer trading Sam" camp. He's just one of many that haven't been doing much of anything, that's why we are 1-7, but he's tradeable.

Is it too early to say this core isn't working? Cause it's definitely not working. It's not even just the 1-7, it's how they look out there. That isn't just the byproduct of a system change. Something is broken here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.