GDT: Sabres VS Vancouver, 7 pm ET, 20/10/17

MODO Hockey

Man, we are going to get really owned by the Leafs this season. It will be ugly and they put Curtis McIlhenney in goal for all them. Not sure what the hell happened with this crew. I wouldn't mind another fire sale as we just are not progressing with this current squad. You can burn it down. The season is early but it is a continuation of what we saw in the preseason. Only now we can't say, "Oh well, it's only preseason". I call it now, they will miss the playoffs for another consecutive year. Also, if this squad remains intact, we will miss it again next year as well.

Did I hear that right? Dan said the Sabres talked about the whole "road trip hangover" business before the game? I know Pominville discussed it on air. Can anyone say self fulfilling prophecy? These guys are mental midgets.

just more excuses, and i dont fault Pomminstein for saying it, but c'mon, you 8 games in and can't be that worn down, you didn't play all 8 games on the road out west.

I'm amazed how kids in the OHL can play 3 games in 4 days some weeks and yet nhlers argue about to many back to back?

Beaulieu sucks.

Tennyson sucks

Griffith sucks

Pouliot sucks

Moulson sucks

Nolan sucks

Josefson sucks

McCabe, Okposo, Lehner and Reinhart don't suck, but they are playing like they do.

Johnson, Larsson and Pominville fill their roles but aren't good enough to make a difference.

We don't have enough good players.

We are what our record says we are.

We don't have enough good players. Simple as that. Different coaches, different system, same results.

I still subscribe to the old "build down the middle" theory. I like our top-2 centers. Our goaltending is not bad, but not great - pretty average. But, we're woeful on defense.

Ok anyone still think I'm wrong that this team needs to be blown up completely?

You're right on the mark as usual Pokey. I had high hopes for Phil. I no longer do. Trouble is, these guys have shown so little, who really wants any of them on their team? The return would be crap and you can't blame the other teams for not antying up. The tank teams were actually better and showed more effort then what we're currently seeing. Something is seriously wrong in the dressing room. No heart, no leadership.

I have always thought Sabres fans overrated him. He is decent, but not what you would expect from a guy taken #2. But I also think Eichel is overrated in Buffalo too. I think he is closer to a Nugent-Hopkins/Hall/Eberle then a Malkin/Tavares/Stamkos type player( left McDavid, Matthews, and Crosby off this comparrison since there isnt one)

Wrong on both cases. It's not that Sam isn't what we'd expect from a #2. It's that he's actually just playing like a big fat number 2. If you catch my drift. I don't need him to be deserving of his draft spot, I just want him to contribute something. And he's not.

Eichel is already better than Tavares, give me a break. Eichel is so far from the problem right now. 10 points. Was busting his ass today too.

Edited by Thorny

Go ahead, take it out on me for being right. It'll make you feel better. God knows the team can't do that for you. 

Can you make me feel better?

You aren't the hero SS deserves. You are the one we need right now.

We haven't needed asshats in forever. There's plenty of us here already 

Wrong on both cases. It's not that Sam isn't what we'd expect from a #2. It's that he's actually just playing like a big fat number 2. If you catch my drift. I don't need him to be deserving of his draft spot, I just want him to contribute something. And he's not.

Eichel is already better than Tavares, give me a break. Eichel is so far from the problem right now. 10 points. Was busting his ass today too.

Yeah, Jack simply impacts the game far more than those guys ever have. And is now scoring at the clip we hoped for. 

Okposo is dead, ROR is better but still falling all over the place, and Sam, Kyle, and Jake died, and Risto is dumb, and the goalies can't get out oftheir own heads.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.