GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Los Angeles Kings, 10/14/17, 10:30pm ET, MSG

darksabre

One thing Housley appears to have picked up from Bylsma that isn't fatally flawed. If you have to play Moulson on a real line, use the youth hockey change for his line: C 1st on ice, then good winger, then scary winger is last onto the ice.

PS - Zemgus!!!!!!!

Good call. I didn't realize there was an actual name for that way of rolling the lines out. I like it. 

I'm OK with Sam getting a beat down, as long as he's noticeable, much much better period, engaged in the play, hitting.... It's OK to be a little sloppy as long as I see this.

He's looking like Tyler Ennis, getting bounced around a bit. It's good for him. 

Excellent period. A win here would be huge for their confidence.

Easily the most fun period of hockey I've watched the Sabres play this year. Hopefully they can keep it up. I think getting Kane away from Jack has helped immensely. Girgs is much more responsible which allows Jack to take more risks. 

And for anyone who wonders why some of us don't want Kane & Eichel together, exhibit B is Jack has made that exact same feed he got a +1 on to Evander at least 15, if not 20, times & they MAY possibly have 2 goals to show for it.

Evander sucks at accepting passes. Zemgus is mediocre at it and that's good enough right now.

Things are starting to click. ZOMG

He's looking like Tyler Ennis, getting bounced around a bit. It's good for him. 

Yes, and he's popping right back up.

He's much bigger than Ennis, though. Next summer, his diet should be entirely protein shakes and he should do nothing but squats & core strengthening exercises. C'mon, man.

Things are starting to click. ZOMG

Yes, and he's popping right back up.

He's much bigger than Ennis, though. Next summer, his diet should be entirely protein shakes and he should do nothing but squats & core strengthening exercises. C'mon, man.

A little over the top, but yes, that's essentially it. Sam needs to play like he has the strength to take a beating. If he can't right now, then he needs to work on getting tough enough to do it. 

He also needs to accept that he's a swiss army knife. Center, LW, RW, whatever. He needs to play it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.