Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

They’ve made that their style this year. I think in a playoff series their relentless forecheck would really wear a team down. Question is, could they sustain that pressure through multiple games? I think they could.

Your other assessments seem to mirror what I think I’ve seen through multiple games this season.

I like this relentless forecheck thing.

I believe it is what they trying to instill in the young wingers we are tired of waiting on.

Sounds like Fasching and Baptiste are getting it. HOpefully Bailey and Nylander will too.

I like this relentless forecheck thing.

I believe it is what they trying to instill in the young wingers we are tired of waiting on.

Sounds like Fasching and Baptiste are getting it. HOpefully Bailey and Nylander will too.

I’m starting to fall into the camp that doesn’t need the big thunderous checks. Give me the non stop forecheck.

Also, I wouldn’t judge Bailey after being on a line with Alex. I think Bailey could, at the very least, replace Girgs and do everything he does. Maybe more.

Sign me up for the relentless forecheck. I've never understood the one man forecheck they've seemed so prone to default into over the years. One pass and they're already passed the forecheck.

If you aren't going to use multiple forecheckers you might as well clog the neutral zone and play the Jersey trap nonsense.

I was really impressed with the forecheck... two guys, wreaking havoc on the opposing defence, with the third forward waiting near the blue line to intercept a bad pass.  Even the defence played much higher and tighter, putting 3 players in the neutral zone.  I haven't seen a game on tv or in person in a very long time where the speed of the game was that fast.  It was non-stop, almost playoffesque. 

The Checkers aren't a bad team, either.  They have some injury problems, but their defence is made up of veterans, and for the most part, they had trouble handling the pressure.  I'm not sure what happened on Sunday, or what was the difference, as I couldn't go, but I came away really impressed with what I saw Saturday night.

Edited by chilenska havsabborre

Once Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching, Middlestadt and whomever else they acquire in the coming months make the Sabres (next season?), Buffalo should be able to employ the same strategy.

Yep. You gotta figure that’s what was in mind acquiring Wilson, and we will likely see it in whoever replaces Kane and Pouliot and Josefson and Nolan and Pominville and why Larsson and Reinhart and O’Reilly might not stick around.

JBot definitely has a plan and the three Amerk RWs are part of it.

Yep. You gotta figure that’s what was in mind acquiring Wilson, and we will likely see it in whoever replaces Kane and Pouliot and Josefson and Nolan and Pominville and why Larsson and Reinhart and O’Reilly might not stick around.

JBot definitely has a plan and the three Amerk RWs are part of it.

I forgot CJ Smith and with some sort of Miracle Alex Nylander

Is Smith a good forechecker?

In my limited viewings a thought he had decent speed, but was more of a lurker.

He rolls his sleeves up and gets in there.

I :wub: Chris Taylor. I think he's pushing all the right buttons.

He’s not afraid to call them out when they don’t put in the effort. It’s almost as though he knows a thing or two about effort.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.