Eichel Deal Done: 8 years 80 Million

Brawndo

Interesting thought from Marty Biron. Jack is actually getting 81million over 9 years (unless we don't think he will be great this year). 9mil per for 9years sounds great. 

WGR 550Verified account @WGR550  55s55 seconds ago

More

#Sabres center Jack Eichel joins @TheInstigators next on WGR! Tune in:

He still costs $10MM against the cap the last 8 which is what matters. & it's possible he costs more than that next year.

huh?

Performance bonuses? do those count against the cap?

IF he earns them AND they'd put the Sabres over the cap this season, they'd come out of next season's cap.

And, actually, pretty sure league-wide bonuses would count against the cap in future years too IF the Sabres can't fit them in that current year's cap. (Haven't looked at CBA for awhile. Not 100% certain on that one.)

Edited by Taro T

Terry Pegula, Jason Botterill and Jack Eichel media conference at 2pm today.

Get hype!

So excited to hear that Jack has signed and will be with us for a long time now. 8/$80M is right where I had hoped he would be given comparables, and keep in mind it covers his 21yr old to 29 yr old seasons, so expect him to be valuable through all 8 years barring injury. :thumbsup:

First, how is Nic Deslauriers trade pinned but no the largest contract in Sabres history? 

Second

Great news, everybody. It appears that Eichel made it through today’s practice without getting injured. You may uncross your fingers now.

Dude. It's Nic Deslauriers!

First, how is Nic Deslauriers trade pinned but no the largest contract in Sabres history? 

Second

Great news, everybody. It appears that Eichel made it through today’s practice without getting injured. You may uncross your fingers now.

Agreed

and thank God

Who didn’t think we would sign him? Who doesn’t think he’s named Captain? Is this all a surprise to anyone?

Go back and read that thread. There was a ton of panic

Also, the amount is a pleasant surprise. If only I can stop explaining it to every fuc*tard telling me

'Oh! But he hasn't PROVEN anything yet! He's not worth as much as Toews, Kane, and Kopitar!

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Edited by WildCard

So Jack signed for about 1mil under what I thought he might. It was right in the ballpark though. How often have we seen teams where guys are overpaid by 1mil or 2 and because they have 3-5 contracts like that they screw themselves? I think Jack taking or making slightly less is a great thing. It also sets an example for his teammates that if they want, could follow. Maybe Evander takes less because he can be on Jack's wing or he likes Jack's example. Just a thought. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.