Eichel Deal Done: 8 years 80 Million

Brawndo

I have to admit to not watching other teams. But I do see a fair share of game highlights. I also hear numerous posters on here talk about how NHL hockey looks compared to Sabres hockey. There's the eye test of the last two games, as fellow conference mediocrities Islanders and Devils skated circles around us.

You are right. The fans do deserve better, except they put their stamp of approval on it year after year. "Hard working" and "blue collar" and "hard hat" and "tough D" have played well for years in Buffalo. Owners have loved it, because it's a cheaper product to put on the ice. Do we hate offensive talent or something? Mogilny? Satan? Vanek? Or just xenophobic? How many fans had no problem with Housley benching our 10-million-dollar man for the shootout? Phil, who certainly knows how the game is played in Buffalo.

The only game we looked good came against the Habs, and they are terrible so far. Their only win is against us.

The thing that really gets to me is why do we seem to be the only team that can't seem to find that unknown guy from Europe or a low draft pick that surprises or whoever. Top teams like Chicago always seem to find somebody obscure and plug them in a hole.  

Antipin was supposed to be this, and maybe, but not yet. Who else? Nobody. Cast offs and slackers. Our best new guy in camp was Seth Griffiths, a guy who struggled to crack the Bruins line up last year and a guy they decided wasn't good enough to keep. 

I don't remember if JBot replaced the whole scouting staff, but he should have. 

And while I think about Chicago (who look awesome so far) how the heck does Fransen make their team as their 6th D and play reasonably decently while he sucked so bad here and we couldn't wait to see him pack up and leave?  Everyone who comes here gets worse.

Is it something in the water? Maybe they need to go back and check that old Hooker Chemical site again.............

Ya, I mean, he's got 5 points in 4 games. 103 point pace.

Eichel is so good that even when he's not at his best he's the least of our worries.

When he doesn't have 5x the points of O'Reilly, Okposo, and Reinhart combined, I'll worry more about Jack.

Ummm, the only guys who have scored any goals played with Jack, it's not a coincidence that they didn't score when they weren't. 

Jack is definitely not Matthews or McDavid right now. Maybe not even Heischer. But he literally is working with nothing.

ROR, Okposo and Kane is how much salary for one line? 20 million plus (I'm too lazy to look up the number but its big) Is there another line in the league paid that well that did that little? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.