Preseason game 2 Penguins vs Sabres 9/19/2017. 7PM

spndnchz

It's this goal that has me the most excited right now.

A defense-man in front of the net on the rush. He backed the whole Pens team down low setting up the shot by the last skater entering the zone. 

Tell me the last time a Sabre team has done this?

Edit,

and puck control from end to end.

That '#5' (?????) has a spot on my team.  Nice rush into the play and even better ... he has no teeth and isn't interested in hiding that fact.  That's a player in my books.

It's this goal that has me the most excited right now.

A defense-man in front of the net on the rush. He backed the whole Pens team down low setting up the shot by the last skater entering the zone. 

Tell me the last time a Sabre team has done this?

Edit,

and puck control from end to end.

Pretty sure that is Nick Baptiste.  Griffith (25) dug it out down low, with Josefson (10) trailing him on the left boards.  As Griffith pulls up, Josefson continues into the corner down low, then toward the net, while Baptiste (13) also drives the net.  Griffith passes back to the right point to Tennyson (5) who shoots on net from the top of the right circle, with Josefson and Baptiste engaged with Pittsburgh defenders around the crease.  The other D, Josh Gorges, (4) shows up in the play only after the goal; assume he was last D back in case of a turnover.

Edited by Doohickie

They need assigned captains for the pre-season games. Him, Kane and I think Pommers had an A? The real thing to take away from these letter assignments is that Gorges did not have an A.

Bogosian had an "A".

Looks like Jack's injury on that play was the guy sliding across the ice trips him and Jack stepped on the Pens stick and slipped.

I'm going to break free from my usual cautiousness and say it. 

Jack is a ###### monster, and if we are lucky with injuries, he is a top 5 scorer in the NHL easy. 

Congratulations on your freedom.  We have a star in Buffalo that's converted hope into reality. 

It's not just you. I'd been waiting for an update from practice that he would out there and skating fine. He looked to grimace after scoring the goal.

That's because he made the Dman and goalie look silly, so they took a few liberties after the goal.

Nothing a $10 M man can't handle.

I don't think it is the speed of the shot but the speed of the release. It is off the end of his stick before the goalie has time to process it.

I was watching, or reading an analysis of Jacks shot. They said it was the length of his stick, and the fact that he doesn't need to reposition his hands for a shot. That coupled with his skill is what makes his shot so effortless.

Looks like Jack's injury on that play was the guy sliding across the ice trips him and Jack stepped on the Pens stick and slipped.

What do you mean "Jack's injury"

Srsly. Da fook.

I know chz is a mod and all, but that should be a punishable offence to lay that out there without more foundation.

They need assigned captains for the pre-season games. Him, Kane and I think Pommers had an A? The real thing to take away from these letter assignments is that Gorges did not have an A.

Very interesting, good catch.

It's just me haha.

but she said "Jack's injury"

She did, but he's not injured.

Also, Jack isn't Rob Gronkowski yet, folks, ok? Ya'll are making me nervous by being so nervous :p

Yea but there's a difference between getting boo boo on a play and being injured. I stub my toe it's a boo boo. I break my foot I'm injured.

Or, as my psycopathic high school football coach would phrase it: "Are you hurt or are you injured?" Asked what the difference is: "Well, if you're only hurt you keep playing."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.