2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

Don't they pick the balls for three first, then two, then 1 and if the Sabres are not the last one they pick 4th? Or do they do it the other way around?

I don't think so. I think that's how they announce it with those dumb cards. But they actually select it beforehand from one to three.

Pretty much. That ensures the highest possible amount of re-draws we could have

So 1001 combinations, that means the Sabres get 185 of those (or just about), and the Sens get 135 of those. 

1001-135 = 866

185/866 = 21.4%, Which would be our odds for choosing 2nd overall at that point.

Though Eleven's link is telling me otherwise, so I'm probably missing something here

Your numbers are fine.  11's link shows the probability as of today.  It accounts for all possible combinations.  What you've just typed up shows the probability assuming that the draw for the first pick has already happened.

Think of it this way.  If you flip two coins, the probability of getting two heads is 1/4.  Now if you've flipped the first coin and it landed heads, what is the probability of getting that second head?  1/2.

We're winning this stupid thing. Just for once we're winning it.

Feel like you and I are on the same page/optimism level for both of these Buffalo drafts and we're the only ones :lol:

No I'm with you guys also. I'm expecting another Bills trade but I'm in on Dahlin

You are going d with both picks?

I'm assuming Sandin is gone by 32. I would take him over tychonic and Noel as well

You told me to dream so I did. Yes I would go defense with both. Other teams will buy high on wingers even though it's a defense heavy draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.