2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

Is there any scenario where a person here wouldn't draft Dahlin 1st overall?

No, well maybe. The team drafting second would have to give us their 2 nd overall and an all-star caliber D or center 27 or under in age signex to a reasonable contract for the next 4 year

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Mobile puck moving D with excellent offensive instincts & ability to read the game,

A highly intelligent all-around defenceman that plays with poise and can shift the pace of play in a multitude of ways. Showcases smooth four-way skating ability and loves to get involved in all situations - especially when that situation happens to be an up-ice rush. Has a polished offensive skill-set which includes well-timed passes and a sneaky, erratic shot. Goes with the high percentage play and makes smart decisions. Could work on strength behind his shot. Defensively active, cutting off lanes and always staying in excellent positioning. Reads cues well in all three zones and seems to stay a step ahead. All-in-all, a well-rounded defender with great hockey sense and work ethic. (Curtis Joe, EP 2017)

--EliteProspects

--

He has even been drawing comparisons to Washington Capitals all-star defensemen John Carlson according to Knights head coach Dale Hunter.

“They’re both offensive D and (Bouchard) is right there (at the same age),” Hunter said. “He’s big and strong. He can skate and shoot and he’s got a good head. The numbers may be there too. He’ll be right around there,” Hunter said to the London Free Press in early February."  -- https://thehockeywriters.com/evan-bouchard-2018-draft-value/

--

Bouchard is a multi-tool player with a ceiling very few players in this draft could boast. But perhaps most impressive of all to me is the calm maturity that he displays, his competitiveness, and the leadership qualities that he possesses. Bouchard has top pairing potential written all over him, and if I were to peg anybody in this draft as being captain material, Bouchard would be near the top of that list. -- https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2018/3/30/16948364/2018-prospect-profiles-evan-bouchard

But when you watch him play, he’s a significant difference maker. Bouchard should be an excellent power-play quarterback for years to come. He might be the second-best defenseman in the draft. --https://puckprose.com/2018/03/30/2018-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-evan-bouchard/
Very calm with the puck. Really high ceiling here. --SportsNet

In terms of style, the flashy Boqvist models his game exclusively after his favorite NHL player Erik Karlsson while the sturdy Bouchard is more of a John Carlson type player with his slightly larger frame and more workmanlike approach to creating offense; making sure his passes are wonderfully accurate and his shots always on target. --http://www.eliteprospects.com/article.php?id=286

"wonderfully accurate [passes] and his shots always on target".  How many Sabres past or present can match that?

Zhitnik(Ha!) 

OK. If we could get Dahlin, Boqvist, & Bouchard, then I'd be happy.

I ain't nobody, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Just enjoying the ride.

Sorry if I missed it early, but I understand we have an 18.5% chance of being number one, but what are the odds of second and third pick? Or worse?

All the top five look pretty good. Who do you guys think we actually end up with? I'm assuming we don't get the top pick as odds are against us.

If we draft 2 or 3 might we trade down a little and pick Bouchard or Hughes and add another player or draft pick?

49.4% for top 3 to be super specific.

1 - 18.5%

2 - 16.5%

3 - 14.4%

4 - 50.6%

Sorry if I missed it early, but I understand we have an 18.5% chance of being number one, but what are the odds of second and third pick? Or worse?

All the top five look pretty good. Who do you guys think we actually end up with? I'm assuming we don't get the top pick as odds are against us.

If we draft 2 or 3 might we trade down a little and pick Bouchard or Hughes and add another player or draft pick?

No, at 2 we take svechnikov and 3 zadina. Both are high end wingers we desperately need. Svechnikov has 44g in 48 total games this year. Zadina is a bit more 2 way but also is a sniper.

49.4% for top 3 to be super specific.

1 - 18.5%

2 - 16.5%

3 - 14.4%

4 - 50.6%

No, at 2 we take svechnikov and 3 zadina. Both are high end wingers we desperately need. Svechnikov has 44g in 48 total games this year. Zadina is a bit more 2 way but also is a sniper.

So there is a fifty fifty chance we draft 4? :(

What then?

I really like the guy projected to go second (I'll butcher the spelling if I try). His numbers are elite. To me it's dahlin the consensus number one, a decent drop to two, then zadina at the top of the next tier which includes about 6 guys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.