2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

Angus Crookshank? I do t care if it’s Ottawa, that guy needs to be a star

Or a Harry Potter character.

EDIT:  GF just reminded me that Crookshanks is the name of Hermione's cat, so I guess that's why I made the association.

Edited by Eleven

They traded their sixth round pick to Toronto for a 6th next

Year?

All of the left-handed Swedish defencemen were taken.

Yea what the ###### is this? I guarantee that 6th will be lower. Terrible asset management.

Next years class of obscure Swedish left-handed defenceman is said to be really deep.

All of the left-handed Swedish defencemen were taken.

Next years class of obscure Swedish left-handed defenceman is said to be really deep.

Clearly this is the case. No lefty Swedish defenders or righty Finnish defenders

Yes, I agree. I wonder though that if say there wasn't anybody he liked, it may be similar for other GMs, making it difficult to get a deal done.

Columbus traded out for a 5th round pick shortly after

Wait, wait, wait... Nando Eggenberger went undrafted? We traded a pick for (likely a lower) pick next year... instead of taking a flyer on a guy named Nando Eggenberger? What the only-deal-in-absolutes hell?

Other than that, it's good to stack the defensive corps for the entire franchise system, with additional years of control. Hopefully, a couple of them surprise.

Botterill was asked about the trade and whether or not he did it because he feels next year’s draft is deeper. His response they felt the guys they had rated at the spot would still be available in the 7th and they do now have more assets for next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.