Afternoon napping.

Eleven

:lol:

See, the thing people seem to be missing with naps is that you gotta prep to make the nap work right. The best formula for a nap is:

-Find a place to nap that isn't completely horizontal. Don't recline all the way. You'll get stuck and end up napping too long, which will make you feel worse. I recommend napping on a couch, recliner, or if you must use your bed make sure to nap with one of those lounge pillows with the little arms on it. 

-Nap with your clothes on. Don't take your jeans off. If you get too comfortable you're just pushing your luck with getting trapped.

-Drink a little caffeine first. Not too much, just a little. It takes about 10 minutes for caffeine to start kicking in and you're at full caffeination at 45 minutes. Given that the best length for a nap is less than 30 minutes, the caffeine should prevent you from napping too long, and you'll spring from your nap ready to drink the rest of your coffee/tea and tacking the rest of the day. 

:lol:

See, the thing people seem to be missing with naps is that you gotta prep to make the nap work right. The best formula for a nap is:

-Find a place to nap that isn't completely horizontal. Don't recline all the way. You'll get stuck and end up napping too long, which will make you feel worse. I recommend napping on a couch, recliner, or if you must use your bed make sure to nap with one of those lounge pillows with the little arms on it. 

-Nap with your clothes on. Don't take your jeans off. If you get too comfortable you're just pushing your luck with getting trapped.

-Drink a little caffeine first. Not too much, just a little. It takes about 10 minutes for caffeine to start kicking in and you're at full caffeination at 45 minutes. Given that the best length for a nap is less than 30 minutes, the caffeine should prevent you from napping too long, and you'll spring from your nap ready to drink the rest of your coffee/tea and tacking the rest of the day. 

Good guidance here. 30 minutes is a good limit.

The best length for a nap is 2.5 hours.

And this is something other than napping. Unless you're a toddler.

And adding to Woody's comment above ... same for sex ...  :flirt:

The fook you think you are - Sting?

Who the ###### has that much time on their hands? No one with kids that's for sure.

Kids go to school. Wives go to work. I nap when no one is home. I don't miss any of their lives.

And if you have little kids, you can send them to bed any time you want on some trumped up charges :p

Today was my first foray into morning napping.  Couldn't sleep last night, and my girlfriend woke up late and needed a ride to work (she likes to walk so that's what she normally does).   Commence nap at 10am.  Complete nap at noon.  Amazing.

Today was my first foray into morning napping. Couldn't sleep last night, and my girlfriend woke up late and needed a ride to work (she likes to walk so that's what she normally does). Commence nap at 10am. Complete nap at noon. Amazing.

Now you understand.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.