How much should Kane' s extension be?

I-90 W

95 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the exension be for?

• 4 years
    • 5 years
    • 6 years
    • 7 years
  2. 2. How much $ should the extension offer be?

• $4.5 m
    • $5.5 m
    • $6.5 m
    • $7 m

Can we all agree he's kept his nose clean the past year? Maybe he's finally matured a bit.

I'm more impressed with the fact that he doesn't just hurl his body around like a toy after injuring his ribs, like Kaleta used to do. If he can pick and choose his spots, and not play like that, maybe he isn't hurt all the time.

That’s not to say that Botterill isn’t getting calls,” clarified Dreger. “I don’t know that he is or he isn’t. The party line has been that it’s a team that’s in the win-now mode – that may consider themselves a Stanley Cup contender, perhaps an older team – that would and has showed the most interest in Evander Kane.

Dreger | Things are real strange around that Avalanche team

“But I think that those general managers with those few clubs would also want to see how he starts the year. Let’s see how his offseason went. It sounds like, in the limited research that I’ve done, that he’s worked pretty hard and he’s motivated going into the contract year.

“So my sense is that he’s going to be a contributing player pretty early for Buffalo. And if that is the case, and he’s not moved before then, then maybe his stock rises a little bit.

“But I think that we’re going to talk a lot about Evander Kane in the early part of the season specific to some of the trade interest.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/dreger-sounds-like-evander-kane-motivated-going-contract-year/

It sounds like it's only a matter of time until he's traded. Who are our LWs at game 10?

Pouliot

Girgensons

Moulson

Deslauriers

It'll be a tough playoff march with that left side, even taking into account our depth at centre ice.

Edited by Thorny

It sounds like it's only a matter of time until he's traded. Who are our LWs at game 10?

Pouliot

Girgensons

Moulson

Deslauriers

It'll be a tough playoff march with that left side, even taking into account our depth at centre ice.

Given what Brawndo posted in the Around the NHL thread, let's just trade him to Boston and then some for Pasternak 

Given what Brawndo posted in the Around the NHL thread, let's just trade him to Boston and then some for Pasternak

Still catching up on threads after being away all weekend. I'll get there!

Nevertheless, outside of striking gold by grabbing a player like Pastrnak, I'll question the decision to trade Kane, in a year where playoffs are the mandate, with what we'd have left on the left side. If he does indeed get moved.

Edited by Thorny

• 4 weeks later...

“I’ve talked about this story before, about how the Vancouver team had a big decision years ago, right before the 2012-13 lockout – they considered offer-sheeting Jamie Benn, and I think they were really legitimately thinking about doing it. At the end of the day, they just decided not to because A) they thought Dallas would match, and B) I think they were worried about the repercussions.

“I believe at one point – I think I told that story on the morning show last week – and then somebody reached out to me and said that he’d heard at one point in time that Evander Kane had walked into the Canucks’ office and had tried for an offer sheet. And I think the Canucks considered it, but again, same thing. Not to the same level they considered Benn. They really considered that one. And then at the end of the day they considered not to do it.

“Now, I have had GMs tell me that they think they are coming because the amount of good players that reach the open market, it’s so few. There’s less free agency than ever. And when I wrote that in my notes, I think it was just before the summer, I had a couple of GMs that called me about it and said, ‘Do you really believe that this is going to happen?’ I said, ‘That’s what some of your peers are telling me.’

“It’s always tough to be the first guy to do it, but I think you’re going to see more. I know there were some people who thought Connor Brown was going to get one in Toronto. But he signed and it was never really an issue.”

- Elliot Friedman

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-explores-mindset-surrounding-nhl-offer-sheets/

Edited by WildCard

One trick pony, injury prone, inconsistent effort and all that other off ice stuff that may be a bad influence on the kids. 

The scoring-goals trick is a pretty good trick. I'll take it.

Effort is always 100%. Start watching hockey games.

"all that other off ice stuff" - clear evidence of bias. What happened in the last year, off ice? Nothing. Get over it, he's fine. No reports of anyone in the locker room having problems with him; only some fans.

Edited by ericcomposer72

"all that other off ice stuff" - clear evidence of bias. What happened in the last year, off ice? Nothing. Get over it, he's fine. No reports of anyone in the locker room having problems with him; only some fans.

Both of these are pretty obnoxious.

Watch him in the defensive zone some time, then tell me about his 100% effort.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.