Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Almost wonder if we should have a thread about this concept.... playing guilty.

https://www.bardown.com/this-quote-about-players-partying-in-vegas-is-the-last-thing-we-expected-from-torts-1.974859

Like I said recently, I've psychically surrended to a bunch of millennial degenerates.

Wonder how Tom Brady spend his bye week?

Below are the point totals for Laine, Matthews, Eichel, and McDavid this season. Try and guess which one is which

Player 1: 21 - 15 - 36

Player 2: 19 - 26 - 45

Player 3: 15 - 38 - 53

Player 4: 21 - 17 - 38

Matthews and especially Laine can’t pass the puck, so I know they are 1 and 4, not sure which is which.

I know Jack’s statline so he’s player two. McDavid must be player three.

Laine is a one trick pony at this stage of his career. All his goals are on the PP, all from the same spot.

He also plays on a great team. He’s not close to being on Jack’s level. McDavid is on a level of his own. Eichel and Matthews are somewhere in the middle.

Like I said recently, I've psychically surrended to a bunch of millennial degenerates.

Wonder how Tom Brady spend his bye week?

Hosting a raging kegger for the Super Bowl officials. Think like Bachelor Party but this time the mule lives.

IMO the 2015 NHL Draft is going to be remembered as an all-time great draft. 

McDavid: 201PTS in 174 GP, 100 PT season in his sophomore year

Eichel: 158 PTS in 189 GP, pacing for 84 in his 3rd season, points on 44.5% of team's goals, 76 point pace season 2

Barzal: 50 PTS in first 51GP, looks like a superstar in the making

Marner: rut in his second year but over 60 points as a tiny little rookie and all kinds of star power and IQ

Boeser: 46 points in first 53 games, around a PPG this year, one of the best shots in the league already

Rantanen: We don't even think about him and he's not playing as well as last year even, but at a point per game pace in Colorado.

Provorov: Developing 1st pairing D-man with realistic Norris potential.

Werenski: Developing 1st pairing D-man with a ridiculous shot, recently and maybe still does lead the NHL in goals from the blue line, also Norris potential

Hanifin: still has top pairing potential, an all star selection this year, pacing for over 40 points. 

Kyle Connor: Incredible post-draft season, 58 point pace on his rookie year

Aho: Second round pick, already a star, 67 point pace in sophomore season on an offensively anemic team

Carlo: 1st pair potential, already an effective 2nd pair player. 

Nutivaara: over 100 games logged from the 7th round in a deep Columbus core, and he looks like a solid middle pairing guy already. 

These players have already contributed significantly and none are over 21. There will be a lot of trophies from this group IMO. Then you consider guys who still have a lot of growing to do and have the potential to be good-to-great NHLers: 
Zacha: developing his offense to go with an already dependable 2-way game, could have Couturier-like breakthrough but is already a decent player otherwise

Strome: Hasn't translated yet, but well over a point per game in the AHL

Zboril: Will be dependable

Chabot: Still super raw but legitimate potential to be a star and franchise d-man

Eriksson-Ek: Mikko Koivu 2.0, has already impressed in NHL stints

C. White: Top 6 C potential

Samsonov: Still best goalie prospect outside NHL?
Konecny: Has already produced in NHL, looks like he'll be a smarter Tyler Ennis

Larsson: Just another member of a deep anaheim corps

Dermott: Unfortunately, will be a good one in Toronto

Guhle: Could be an incredibly skating 2nd pair guy 

Dunn: One of my favorite D prospects in the league right now

Kylington, Bracco, on and on and on. 

I legitimately believe that you could cut these lists in half and have an average NHL draft outlook at 3 years after. 

You could. That was why some of us were very unhappy about all the picks we traded away for that draft.  2018 has the potential to have the depth that 2015 did. While it doesn't have as many high end players IMPO as 2015, it does have a lot of depth into the 2nd and even third rounds. We need to hit on at least 3 players in the draft this year.  

They must need some depth at center.

Speaking of Shrader where the hell is he? 

Below are the point totals for Laine, Matthews, Eichel, and McDavid this season. Try and guess which one is which

Player 1: 21 - 15 - 36

Player 2: 19 - 26 - 45

Player 3: 15 - 38 - 53

Player 4: 21 - 17 - 38

Feel like we should update these now. 

Not sure if this helps or hurts Kane

Unfortunately I think it hurts... the Sharks might be inclined to ride this out and preserve their prospects and picks in the hopes of retooling their roster faster.  Kane would give them a last chance shot this year.

I don't know, I think it was well written

...and that will happen within the next 10 years, as hard as it might be to envision now. Sabers GM Jason Botterill is going to get things turned around in Buffalo, slowly but surely...

-Chris Peters, NHL Insider

:P

Not sure if this helps or hurts Kane

Unfortunately I think it hurts... the Sharks might be inclined to ride this out and preserve their prospects and picks in the hopes of retooling their roster faster.  Kane would give them a last chance shot this year.

I think it helps, the Sharks Window has been closing for a while and they are currently in 2nd in the Pacific, three points in front of Calgary and four points in front of LA And Anaheim. The issue is that Minnesota currently is out of a playoff spot, but is only two points behind San Jose. With the playoff race being so close, I doubt they want lose any ground because of an injury to Jumbo Joe.

The Race in the West is very tight and the closer the deadline gets the more desperate GMs will get. As Darren Dreger put it It’s very possible some team pays Botterill’s asking price for Kane

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.