Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Here you go

It has nothing to do with any insinuation that Lou is a "f.a.g"

It has nothing to do with how "slutty" Lou is

It has nothing to do with men/women liking or not liking to blow someone. Plenty of people like it. Good for them (and us I guess)

It is, again, like I've said, just an absurd statement. It has no deep rooted connotations or some hidden meaning. This isn't Catcher in the Rye. The fact that the word 'chugging' is used makes it more absurd. Kinda like a 'bag of d!cks', because both are impossible. There is no such thing as chugging a d!ck, or a bag of them

Can't believe an, albeit what is obviously at this point unapproved of joke on this forum, really needs a deep dive. But here we are. Are we done now?

You're certainly done considering the matter. That much is clear.

Here you go

It has nothing to do with men/women liking or not liking to blow someone. Plenty of people like it. Good for them (and us I guess)

It is, again, like I've said, just an absurd statement. It has no deep rooted connotations or some hidden meaning. This isn't Catcher in the Rye. The fact that the word 'chugging' is used makes it more absurd. Kinda like a 'bag of d!cks', because both are impossible. There is no such thing as chugging a d!ck, or a bag of them

Can't believe an, albeit what is obviously at this point unapproved of joke on this forum, really needs a deep dive. But here we are. Are we done now?

Hold up there.  I know I've seen them on sale at Lowe's.

Here you go

Now you've really taken it up (down?) a notch.

In all seriousness:  it's pretty clear (to me, anyway) that the remark was intended as a harmless joke but was viewed by a number of posters as somewhat vulgar/offensive. 

It doesn't seem like anyone needs to be censured or that jokes in this vein are particularly witty or value-added.

Are we done now?

You're certainly done considering the matter. That much is clear.

Good

It's good that I said you're done?

#iambeingpedantic

In all seriousness:  it's pretty clear (to me, anyway) that the remark was intended as a harmless joke but was viewed by a number of posters as somewhat vulgar/offensive. 

It doesn't seem like anyone needs to be censured or that jokes in this vein are particularly witty or value-added.

Dude!

But can we refer to Lamoriello as an ignorant slut?

Or maybe Babcock really isn't that great?  It's possible.  While the media can blast him and everyone else the fact remains that the Leafs are struggling right now.  Andersen called out his team last night.  There are issues up North.

As a Detroit fan, I always viewed Babcock as a similar situation as Barry Switzer who succeeded Jimmy Johnson as coach of the Cowboys.  Johnson handed over a pretty darned good Cowboys squad and Switzer presided over its descent into mediocrity.

Babs was handed a very good Red Wings squad and won an early Cup with them, but he also presided over a slide into mediocrity.  Babcock to me is more of a maintainer (at best) than a builder.

He's a good coach, but not by any means the best.

The joke is just the absurdity of the saying. There's no analysis needed on it

Considering all the questions asked of it, yes, analysis is needed.  If you don't like all the questions, stop trying to be funny.  That wasn't funny, it was just ugly.

I'm not so sure. I still haven't figured out how you suck a bag of ######, and now I have to ponder chugging? Chugging? As in milk? Beer?

Chug is just one of those trigger words, like moist.

dWKyz.gif

Considering all the questions asked of it, yes, analysis is needed.  If you don't like all the questions, stop trying to be funny.  That wasn't funny, it was just ugly.

Feel free to go back and unravel it then if that's really what you want to spend your time on. I'll make sure to be as professional as possible on here going forward

Yeah the line is stolen from a reddit post where a guy calls his ex (female) that and the absurdity of it was laughed at. Guess I'm the only one to ever make a similar joke on here like that, so I must be a homophobe.

No, that's not the correct conclusion.  The correct conclusion is that the social norms of reddit and SabreSpace are not the same and you should filter accordingly.

Well, you know, until I feel you've learned something from this, young man, I feel a responsibility to keep harping on you like a parent until a heartfelt apology is obtained.

^ See?  This is a joke.  And it's not even vulgar.  And no, it's not that funny either.

Feel free to go back and unravel it then if that's really what you want to spend your time on. I'll make sure to be as professional as possible on here going forward

No one's asked for professionalism.

I don't understand what's going on in here.

Some (including me) objected to Joker chirping Lou Lamoriello for being away from the trade phones because he was too busy chugging d1cks.

(I am taking you at your word that you're confused.)

Lou Lamoriello has dick on his breath. That all I've gotten so far.

Not really. Saying someone is too busy chugging d1cks is not even tied to the act of oral sex. It's just an absurd turn of phrase, meant to signify nothing, other than to denote an absurdity.

My suggested substitution:

Been wondering when Lamoriello will stop finger-blasting unicorns long enough to work the trade lines.

No one's asked for professionalism.

Some (including me) objected to Joker chirping Lou Lamoriello for being away from the trade phones because he was too busy chugging d1cks.

(I am taking you at your word that you're confused.)

Not really. Saying someone is too busy chugging d1cks is not even tied to the act of oral sex. It's just an absurd turn of phrase, meant to signify nothing, other than to denote an absurdity.

My suggested substitution:

Been wondering when Lamoriello will stop finger-blasting unicorns long enough to work the trade lines.

That was how I took it. I'm surprised everyone else got so bent out of shape over it. It was Charlie speak. 

Elected officials in this country say far more sinister things through far less vulgar language on a daily basis, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.