Sabres acquire D Nathan Beaulieu for 3rd

darksabre

I think if we could somehow convince them to take Bogo that would be huge for us

Also, is it today the lists needed to be submitted??

Lists must be submitted by 5pm EST today. Can resume trading with Vegas ONLY at 10am tomorrow morning. At 10am the lists will be released to all teams. Lists will be made public tomorrow as well I believe. 

I love this love, if only because now we get 75 more games in which Rob Ray has to attempt to pronounce "Beaulieu".

Editing my accidental Van Morrison: move, I love the move.

To be fair, it's probably one of the more difficult names he's come accrost.

Lists must be submitted by 5pm EST today. Can resume trading with Vegas ONLY at 10am tomorrow morning. At 10am the lists will be released to all teams. Lists will be made public tomorrow as well I believe.

Thought that was next weekend but ya that's the draft. Ana will be losing a good player unless they pull something I guess

Well, if we traded for him so that Vegas could take him and we could keep Ullmark, that's still a good outcome from where we were yesterday.

Vegas I assume will take Flury from Pittsburgh. Not sure they would take Ullmark if he's exposed. If Sabres go the 7-3-1 format then it could be Risto, McCabe, and Beaulieu are protected. Seven forwards protected would be ROR,Kane,Okposo,Foligno,Girgensons,Rienhart,?. That exposes both Moulson and Bogo. Otherwise you expose the guy we picked up and protect Bogo. That means we paid a third rounder to protect Bogo and I don't see that unless Vegas wouldn't take that pick not to take him. I may have something mixed up here.

Vegas I assume will take Flury from Pittsburgh. Not sure they would take Ullmark if he's exposed. If Sabres go the 7-3-1 format then it could be Risto, McCabe, and Beaulieu are protected. Seven forwards protected would be ROR,Kane,Okposo,Foligno,Girgensons,Rienhart,?. That exposes both Moulson and Bogo. Otherwise you expose the guy we picked up and protect Bogo. That means we paid a third rounder to protect Bogo and I don't see that unless Vegas wouldn't take that pick not to take him. I may have something mixed up here.

Ennis and Carrier?

Reinhart does not need expansion draft protection

Forgot that. Vegas has to take three goaltenders. Assuming Fluery is one then the question is would Ullmark be more attractive than all the rest of exposed goaltenders? There's a lot there to choose from. The problem is he will be maybe the most attractive of our teams exposed players and they have to take someone from each team.

Edited by Radar

I think of those I'd be inclined to protect Carrier.

Agree.  Just wish he would find a scoring touch.  Thus far, he's reminding me of Paul Cyr.  He could skate like the wind, hit, tough to play against, but never could put the puck in the net consistently.

I'm not seeing a lot of unhappy Habs fans, and I am seeing that he's quite the partier.  

On the other hand, it's a third round pick for a guy who can play immediately, so that's a good deal no matter what.

Quite the opposite on their Twitter page.

Fans are hammering the team for the move. They aren't happy getting only a 3rd for this guy.

I knew Bots was waiting to name a HC before making deals.  With LeBrun reporting he fits in with Housley's style of D, I'm sold.

Solid move to acquire a 24 year old former 1st rounder on the upswing who recorded 4/24 with +8 last year for a 3rd.

He's an RFA, which means the Sabres have to really F up not to resign him.

Edited by dejeanerret

Can J-BOT pull off the impossible and move both Moulson and Bogo off the books? Doubt it, but it would be an absolutely dream scenario. Just getting one of them off the books would be huge.

Don't know enough about BowlU to comment, but he's a career +19 so I'll tentatively pencil him into the top pairing.

Agree. Just wish he would find a scoring touch. Thus far, he's reminding me of Paul Cyr. He could skate like the wind, hit, tough to play against, but never could put the puck in the net consistently.

He'll get shot in the ass under suspicious circumstances in Mexico next offseason?

He'll get shot in the ass under suspicious circumstances in Mexico next offseason?

Nice one.  That was a whacky incident.  Besides one hattie against Boston, I don't remember him ever scoring. 

Just cannot figure out Montreal...now a very good young d-man they drafted high and was almost a sure top 2 and now a good solid d-man that they also drafted in the first round? this from a team that needs defense? strange...

Occam's Razor. Bergevin is a proven idiot

Just cannot figure out Montreal...now a very good young d-man they drafted high and was almost a sure top 2 and now  a good solid d-man that they also drafted in the first round? this from a team that needs defense? strange...

Sometimes GM's are just stupid. That is why you get a smart one so you can exploit the idiots. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.