2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs : Conference Finals

WildCard

I do not want any team winning their first before the Sabres do.  Not even a team with my favorite non-Sabre, Pernell Karl.  No. No way.

Apparently I stayed up a few minutes too late.

Please, someone should still fertilize weave's pepper garden.

So Sidney Crosby won the Stanley Cup last year, and won the Conn Smythe. Then he won the World Cup in the fall, and the World Cup MVP, unanimously. Then he won the Rocket Richard, then won The Prince of Wales, and now going for the Stanley Cup. That's an insane run of winning.

Love him or hate him, the guy personifies winning in today's game as is still the best player in the world, and moving up the all-time list.

Only Gretzky and Potvin captained more teams to the finals in the expansion era.

Edited by Thorny

I do not want any team winning their first before the Sabres do.  Not even a team with my favorite non-Sabre, Pernell Karl.  No. No way.

Sorry, Eleven...but I hate this sentiment. So what if a team wins their first before the Sabres do? Would you rather keep seeing the Penguins and Blackhawks win every year? I don't see how that's good for the game.

Nashville has been phenomenal since mid-April. They deserve to win. I feel the Penguins have skirted by and somehow eked out wins they shouldn't have gotten. Yes, they were better than Ottawa last night and probably during the whole series, but I think Nashville has been better overall and I hope they win.

Sorry, Eleven...but I hate this sentiment. So what if a team wins their first before the Sabres do? Would you rather keep seeing the Penguins and Blackhawks win every year? I don't see how that's good for the game.

Nashville has been phenomenal since mid-April. They deserve to win. I feel the Penguins have skirted by and somehow eked out wins they shouldn't have gotten. Yes, they were better than Ottawa last night and probably during the whole series, but I think Nashville has been better overall and I hope they win.

I can understand your point in the first paragraph; I just feel the way I do, though.

Pittsburgh looked like it eked out wins because they were constantly tackled, held, interfered with, etc.  They are a MUCH better team than Ottawa.

I can understand your point in the first paragraph; I just feel the way I do, though.

Pittsburgh looked like it eked out wins because they were constantly tackled, held, interfered with, etc.  They are a MUCH better team than Ottawa.

Every team has done this equally, including Pittsburgh. It's called playoff hockey. I have found this playoffs to be delightfully brutal and I hope it continues in the finals.

That was a great game. It was a pretty lame goal to end it and ###### Pittsburgh, but still pretty enjoyable. I want to believe that Nashville will win but it's hard to bet against the champ.

Not lame at all. That puck was on its side when it was shot, causing it to flutter and curve downward. I'm sure to Anderson it looked like it was going over the crossbar.

Every team has done this equally, including Pittsburgh. It's called playoff hockey. I have found this playoffs to be delightfully brutal and I hope it continues in the finals.

I saw stuff that didn't even resemble whatever a "hockey play" is.  There's one clip of an Ottawa player tackling Malkin and holding him down on the ice for three or four seconds.  That's holding -- IN FOOTBALL -- ffs.

I'll be rooting for Nashville. No desire to see even more ball washing for Crosby. Plus Nashville is kind of like Buffalo's brother/sister city. They both wear blue and gold and they both have sabretooth cats as their mascots. I'd much rather see them win.

I saw stuff that didn't even resemble whatever a "hockey play" is.  There's one clip of an Ottawa player tackling Malkin and holding him down on the ice for three or four seconds.  That's holding -- IN FOOTBALL -- ffs.

This.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.