The 2nd Annual Great SS Meetup! Saturday March 10th, 1pm

WildCard

I'll repeat that I think we can do this much less expensively if we buy groups of tickets online.  I also don't think we need to be in the 100 level (although I do like it there!).  Those two changes might open the experience to more people.

I'll repeat that I think we can do this much less expensively if we buy groups of tickets online.  I also don't think we need to be in the 100 level (although I do like it there!).  Those two changes might open the experience to more people.

If they do then we can look into that. Otherwise I'd rather stick with what we've done. I like the fact that this is a unique experience and I think those seats make it even more so. 

If they do then we can look into that. Otherwise I'd rather stick with what we've done. I like the fact that this is a unique experience and I think those seats make it even more so. 

Fair point.  But we could have gotten even those seats on Stubhub for considerably less than $100 and I think this season will be the same. 

But that is a gamble.

Just my $0.02.  I'll be there either way, as long as I'm in Buffalo.

Eleven makes a fair point and is precisely why I asked. I can guarantee the same or similar tickets but they will be around the $90/$100 they were last year.

It seems there is enough of you interested that I’ll consider it a soft nod of approval. No hard feelings if you choose a different route, just keep me informed.

TW,

If there is another Sabre meetup, I am in. If we use your very good seats, awesome; if we go luck of the draw on StubHub; or go from group tix; I'm in. Sorry that this reply doesn't give you clarification to your Q.

Thanks again for setting us up the last 2 years. But, if our doing the meet up through your seats would help ypu weather 1 more tough season, that would be my personal preference.

I would agree with Eleven on this one. I am all for going to next year's game with you guys, but I don't think i would buy into Tom Webster's ticket group, and I would pick up a group of tickets online for market value.

As much fun as it is spending time with strangers from the internet, the sting of spending $100 on a ticket that you can get for 1/5th that on gameday isn't a sounds business practice.

TW,

If there is another Sabre meetup, I am in. If we use your very good seats, awesome; if we go luck of the draw on StubHub; or go from group tix; I'm in. Sorry that this reply doesn't give you clarification to your Q.

Thanks again for setting us up the last 2 years. But, if our doing the meet up through your seats would help ypu weather 1 more tough season, that would be my personal preference.

This is a valid counterpoint as well.

Of course, the Sabres are combating those cheap tickets by encouraging STH to NOT sell those tickets and instead invest them into the team and merchandise.  

Why sell your ticket for $6 when you can get $15 for it at the Sabres store?

Be curious to see if this increases the amount of empty seats (because there are no seats to buy) or if it has no impact because there's only so much Sabres merch a person can have before $6 is $6 and $15 credit towards the jersey of the next guy to be traded is worth $0.

Of course, the Sabres are combating those cheap tickets by encouraging STH to NOT sell those tickets and instead invest them into the team and merchandise.  

Why sell your ticket for $6 when you can get $15 for it at the Sabres store?

Be curious to see if this increases the amount of empty seats (because there are no seats to buy) or if it has no impact because there's only so much Sabres merch a person can have before $6 is $6 and $15 credit towards the jersey of the next guy to be traded is worth $0.

:huh: :unsure:

:huh: :unsure:

STH can redeem tickets for credits towards a Sabres store.  So, now there's a trade-off.  Sell your $6 seat or get some kind of credit for a purchase at that store.  Whatever it will be.

STH can redeem tickets for credits towards a Sabres store.  So, now there's a trade-off.  Sell your $6 seat or get some kind of credit for a purchase at that store.  Whatever it will be.

Ah. Was out of town this week so haven't seen anything in the mail regarding this yet.

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

OK, I have decided to renew my tickets and apparently we will have up to 16 tickets available. Tickets will be roughly $88 each if paid before August 15th, $100 afterwards. I would just like a rough count of who would be interested. I know there are a lot of unknowns at this point so I won't hold anyone to their initial commitment. Thank you for your interest.

OK, I have decided to renew my tickets and apparently we will have up to 16 tickets available. Tickets will be roughly $88 each if paid before August 15th, $100 afterwards. I would just like a rough count of who would be interested. I know there are a lot of unknowns at this point so I won't hold anyone to their initial commitment. Thank you for your interest.

I have interest, but until I know the dates and my son's hockey schedule I can't commit.  It'll be like last year for me.

As with LTS, it depends on the date for me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.