Tim Murray Press Conference 2:00 PM EST

Thwomp!

Hopefully it's just an hour of the Buffalo News asking when they can speak to Terry, and GMTM explaining that Terry doesn't come to things like this, and then Harrington says he was there at the beginning, and then GMTM says, kind of perplexed 'at the beginning?' and then Sullivan says well can we set up a meeting with Terry in the future, and then GMTM says i dont think i'm making myself clear, Terry hired me to speak on the hockey side of things, and then someone else from the Buffalo News says I saw Terry in Buffalo yesterday, will we be able to speak to him this week?

Spin doctors already firing up the media with the excuses.

Lots of new news articles lamenting the injuries to Larson, Okposo' even the dreaded D lost a lot of man games, I.E. Kuli and Bogo.

He will admit they were a little weak in some area's but the same old BS will be the consistency, injuries, play better crap should be expected. Not Dan's fault, he needed to provide him better players, blah,blah,blah...

Presser: waste of time.

No presser: what are they hiding?

Well, that's kinda it, isn't it?

We want pressers because we hope we'll learn something from them. And then when we get pressers they always turn out to be sh*t. That's not our (the fans) fault, is it? 

Well, that's kinda it, isn't it?

We want pressers because we hope we'll learn something from them. And then when we get pressers they always turn out to be sh*t. That's not our (the fans) fault, is it? 

I think it is. They can never tell us what we want to hear because we all want to hear different things.

I don't think this is true at all. 

I'm really not interested in hearing him say,"Dan Bylsma is an idiot. He is a horrible coach and is the sole reason we sucked this year. Therefore, I just fired him." I'm pretty sure you and others are. :lol:

I also think that there are things he just can't say. If he starts pointing fingers and naming names, he either won't be able to move those guys (or get less for them) or he's stuck working with them after he said all that. He's not just clicking the select button in EA Sports NHL 2018 when making the roster. These are real people that he has to work with (and who apparently quit on their coaches when they aren't happy) so he has to tread lightly.

I'm really not interested in hearing him say,"Dan Bylsma is an idiot. He is a horrible coach and is the sole reason we sucked this year. Therefore, I just fired him." I'm pretty sure you and others are. :lol:

I also think that there are things he just can't say. If he starts pointing fingers and naming names, he either won't be able to move those guys (or get less for them) or he's stuck working with them after he said all that. He's not just clicking the select button in EA Sports NHL 2018 when making the roster. These are real people that he has to work with (and who apparently quit on their coaches when they aren't happy) so he has to tread lightly.

This is ultimately why public comments by GMs, coaches, and players, all have limited utility, in my view. My most frequent thought when I hear anyone speak is "Well yea, what else could I expect him to say?"

I think there are ways to get people to reveal little nuggets of information. You have to ask good questions. The reason press conferences in this town are such a joke is because our media ask the lamest questions. I bet this forum would have no trouble coming with things to ask Tim that could draw out some threads of information that he might not otherwise have revealed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.