2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

Wow, another overtime game. Imagine that. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Why not just play first goal wins, save us all the time.

If you can't find enjoyment in watching that game then wtf are you watching hockey for?

Edited by SwampD

If you can't find enjoyment in watching that game then wtf are you watching hockey for?

I have them playing in the background. I hope, maybe, I'll come across a game that deviates from the norm just a little bit. It's just my opinion, but this has been the worst playoffs I have ever watched. Parity isn't always a good thing. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I have them playing in the background. I hope, maybe, I'll come across a game that deviates from the norm just a little bit. It's just my opinion, but this has been the worst playoffs I have ever watched. Parity isn't always a good thing. 

I guess you are right. That 7-0 Sharks/Oilers game was riveting.

I guess you are right. That 7-0 Sharks/Oilers game was riveting.

To a point, it is. It's fun to see how teams can adjust to an ass-whipping. It's fun to see teams that have more talent actually win because they have more talent. 

I see nothing exciting about every game being decided by well placed penalties and lucky bounces. What's the sense? 

To a point, it is. It's fun to see how teams can adjust to an ass-whipping. It's fun to see teams that have more talent actually win because they have more talent.

I see nothing exciting about every game being decided by well placed penalties and lucky bounces. What's the sense?

It sounds like you hate fun.

I've enjoyed the playoffs a lot so far.

hard to think the Oil could win with McDavid getting just a goal and 2 assist (he added that empty netter late)...I somehow figured he'd have to score a bunch and lead the team to victory. The trade everybody hated (Larrson) is proof you gotta have that stud D...what a difference

meanwhile, Montreal proves a great goalie isn't enough...big slow forwards isn't the key either...they need Duschene bad and if they have any brains they'd try to make that happen before Colorado come to their senses and realize they shouldn't trade the guy (if they still will)

Minnesota a veteran team proves you gotta have young guys in here...Jason was awfully quiet in the series...

Who do you guys think is the favorite with Round 1 nearing completion?  Anaheim, including the sweep over Calgary, is 12-0-2 in their last 14 games.  St. Louis is 11-2-2 (played a 15th game by not sweeping Minnesota).  Washington is 11-4-0, but they are struggling w/ Toronto.  Pittsburgh dominated Columbus.  Right now I'd put money on Anaheim and Pittsburgh being in the Stanley Cup Final.  Leaning towards Anaheim taking it all.    

Who do you guys think is the favorite with Round 1 nearing completion? Anaheim, including the sweep over Calgary, is 12-0-2 in their last 14 games. St. Louis is 11-2-2 (played a 15th game by not sweeping Minnesota). Washington is 11-4-0, but they are struggling w/ Toronto. Pittsburgh dominated Columbus. Right now I'd put money on Anaheim and Pittsburgh being in the Stanley Cup Final. Leaning towards Anaheim taking it all.

It's gotta be Nashville. They're just so well rounded.

So, do the Sharks finally blow it up? Gotta think guys like Thornton and Marleau are done.

It's gotta be Nashville. They're just so well rounded.

So, do the Sharks finally blow it up? Gotta think guys like Thornton and Marleau are done.

Didn't you just laugh at how far Nashville went in my bracket like a week ago?  :nana:

Captain Max Pacioretty, who many Habs fans say is part of the reason PK was traded, once again didn't do ###### when his team needed him. One point in six games, while his linemate and the team's best forward, Radulov, had seven. The dude is terrible and doesn't deserve the letter he has. During their epic collapse last year, for a two month stretch he didn't score  a single goal that wasn't on an empty net. 

Montreal traded the wrong player. I hope PK goes and wins a cup. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Didn't you just laugh at how far Nashville went in my bracket like a week ago? :nana:

Captain Max Pacioretty, who many Habs fans say is part of the reason PK was traded, once again didn't do ###### when his team needed him. One point in six games, while his linemate and the team's best forward, Radulov, had seven. The dude is terrible and doesn't deserve the letter he has. During their epic collapse last year, for a two month stretch he didn't score a single goal that wasn't on an empty net.

Montreal traded the wrong player. I hope PK goes and wins a cup.

I did! Nashville is just one of those teams I automatically write off. Turns out I might have been terribly wrong.

Montreal could be in a real mess with the moves they've made. We've accused them of being Carey Price and not much else. It looks like that's true yet again.

I did! Nashville is just one of those teams I automatically write off. Turns out I might have been terribly wrong.

Montreal could be in a real mess with the moves they've made. We've accused them of being Carey Price and not much else. It looks like that's true yet again.

Bergevin is not a good GM

Good analysis on Pac, Flagg. Never realized that

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.