2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

In the sense that it enrages Murray and Pegula enough to make changes? Or in the sense that your ugly friend is getting laid consistently?

That second proposition made me laugh - even if I don't quite follow you.

I think Baker was suggesting that the Leafs' success indicates that the Sabres are close to being a playoff team. What his take may also imply, or fairly be read to imply, is that, if the Sabres had one of the game's best coaches, they'd likely have been a playoff team this season (or close to it).

Chicago/Nashville is a huge surprise for me. Edmonton/Toronto/Ottawa being up 2-1 surprises me. The Rangers actually having a win surprises me. Columbus getting blown out surprises me. STL being up 3-0 surprises me.

The only series in the whole playoffs that makes any sense is Anaheim/Calgary.

<---picked Nashville to make the Cup.

(may have also picked Washington to win it...)

I think Baker was suggesting that the Leafs' success indicates that the Sabres are close to being a playoff team. What his take may also imply, or fairly be read to imply, is that, if the Sabres had one of the game's best coaches, they'd likely have been a playoff team this season (or close to it).

Basically if my ugly friends is getting talent, that means there's hope for me :lol:

The ever level headed Kris Baker Tweeted to the effect that the Leafs' success should be giving Sabre fans hope, not anxiety.

Interesting take.

Well he knows the Sabres young talent in the system better than anyone, so maybe he sees something similar with the kids coming up.

I have a lot of respect for Baker's prospect analysis, and I don't even think he's totally out to lunch here...but I tend to think he's gotten too close to the organization to be objective on team matters.

The best part is watching the idiot who tries to steal a stick at about :22 in realize that he's hurt his hand, about ten seconds later:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bitter-bruins-fans-litter-ice-trash-try-steal-players-sticks-video-045931625.html

Karlsson slashes his hand then just stares him down

I love Karlsson

I have a lot of respect for Baker's prospect analysis, and I don't even think he's totally out to lunch here...but I tend to think he's gotten too close to the organization to be objective on team matters.

I will say one thing to remember is that a good portion of our draft picks are still marinating where as Toronto had the future of having their main ones contributing all year. Add in Dan's lethargic automated system and well here we are. At least Buffalo kept the kids down another year instead of pulling a Darcy. Clearly though Rochester suffered from the same system issues as Buffalo. Wonder when Murray will wake up and see it. 

I'm assuming you're including Chicago-Nashville in this, but us Sabres fans know well that you can't win in the playoffs if your best center is a second line center. 

:P

But really, Captain Clutch Intangibles Toews has one goal in his last 16 playoff games, so that's interesting. 

Subban has been knocking the crap out of Toews all series. He really got under the Captain's skin last night. Unfortunately, most of the back-and-forth happened behind the play so it wouldn't have been caught on TV.

http://atozsportsnashville.com/watch-preds-beat-bully-blackhawks-jonathan-toews/

I'll be there again on Thursday. Hoping for the sweep by the Preds, but I don't see the Hawks going out in 4.

ANYONE BUT CROSBY!!!!

For the love of anything that is good, someone please get rid of him and the Penguins. I know they'll win this series, but I hope Montreal gets past NYR and smokes them in round 2. I'm tired of the Rangers, too.

EDIT: My bad...they'd play Washington or Toronto in round 2. Ugh.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

I find it hilarious to think that their are people who truly believe that all it would take is a different coach for the Sabres to be able to share the ice with some of these playoff teams.

Next year maybe. Not now.

Eeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Eeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Now I'm laughing even harder. If you guys can turn every thread into something about Bylsma, I figure I can too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.