2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

Is Orpik Washingtons Bogasian ?

More like Gorges, I think.

Separately, 30 seconds to tie it following a faceoff, Matthews doesn't even come close to touching the puck. Is there a scenario where Eichel isn't dictating play there? Whether it works or not, who knows, but he'd be the guy with the puck.

Yes, the other thread sufficiently triggered me. I'm officially on an "Eichel is better than Matthews" campaign.

More like Gorges, I think.

Separately, 30 seconds to tie it following a faceoff, Matthews doesn't even come close to touching the puck. Is there a scenario where Eichel isn't dictating play there? Whether it works or not, who knows, but he'd be the guy with the puck.

Yes, the other thread sufficiently triggered me. I'm officially on an "Eichel is better than Matthews" campaign.

Da fock you talking about? He didn't even come close to touching the ICE the last minute of play. Bozak, Van Riemsdyk, Kadri, Nylander, Gardiner, & Marner were out.

Suck that Matthews lovers!

They sure tried to give it to Toronto tonight

Who you referring to as "they?" Washington, the officiating crew, the league office, or a combination there of?

Da fock you talking about? He didn't even come close to touching the ICE the last minute of play. Bozak, Van Riemsdyk, Kadri, Nylander, Gardiner, & Marner were out.

Well, that explains it :lol:

I couldn't pick out the 5th forward who was out there for the draw, I just assumed it was Matthews. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Well, that explains it :lol:

I couldn't pick out the 5th forward who was out there for the draw, I just assumed it was Matthews.

Bozak took the draw. Kadri @ right wing. Marner covering Andersen's spot & Nylander @ right point. The other tragic headline @ left wing @ Gardiner QBing.

Who you referring to as "they?" Washington, the officiating crew, the league office, or a combination there of?

All of the above. Washington took their foot off the gas in the second and let a bunch of shoddy officiating almost cost them the game.

Come on St Louis give us a lil sweepy sweep

Yeah, liked Pominville when he was in Buffalo, and realize he didn't want to go, but somehow it's fun to watch him lose in the playoffs in Minny. His trade was the 1st shoe dropping to start the tank. Let him suffer like us. ;)

All of the above. Washington took their foot off the gas in the second and let a bunch of shoddy officiating almost cost them the game.

Fair enough.

Yeah, liked Pominville when he was in Buffalo, and realize he didn't want to go, but somehow it's fun to watch him lose in the playoffs in Minny. His trade was the 1st shoe dropping to start the tank. Let him suffer like us. ;)

Fair enough.

Pominville was a nice guy.

I have no use for nice guys.

Minnesota is a team full of nice guys. That's why they suck in the playoffs when things get gritty.

I'll say it. NBC does a pretty good job with the NHL playoffs. I'm not just saying that because they sign my paycheck. We get to see a lot of hockey that we couldn't see in the past.

Hockey has come a long way and for that we should be thankful for NBC. But their presentation is awful. The studio shows are almost unwatchable.

Pominville was a nice guy.

I have no use for nice guys.

Minnesota is a team full of nice guys. That's why they suck in the playoffs when things get gritty.

Fair enough but if Vanek and Pominville wanted to come back at a reasonable price.  I'd want them both back.

Not many went against them this season. And that shyte Babdick does pulling a player off after icing and forcing the ref to go to the booth to see who is on the ice essentially giving them extra timeouts. They have done that every game.

he is a good coach though...outcoaches every coach and that is why his teams win among other things like getting a ton of milage out of his players

Not many went against them this season. And that shyte Babdick does pulling a player off after icing and forcing the ref to go to the booth to see who is on the ice essentially giving them extra timeouts. They have done that every game.

I don't understand why this isn't a 2-min delay of game penalty. If shooting the puck over the glass in your own end halts play... this really halts play. All a ref has to do is tell the coaches "if you pull this stunt, it's a penalty." Then, when they do it, they get a bench minor. Boom. Never happens again.

Hockey has come a long way and for that we should be thankful for NBC. But their presentation is awful. The studio shows are almost unwatchable.

True, but I feel that way about every single show on any network that has a bunch of guys around a table talking about any sport.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.