Alex Nylander called up will make his Sabres Debut vs Toronto

Brawndo

Compared to his brother, he has had a very udner whelming AHL season. I believe scouts still rank him highly, otherwise I would be worried we had the Jared Staal

His brother played two years in the SHL before hitting the A. Alex had one year of juniors. Hard to directly compare their first seasons as a result.

Compared to his brother, he has had a very udner whelming AHL season. I believe scouts still rank him highly, otherwise I would be worried we had the Jared Staal

He produced just fine in the WJs, and then he is terrible in Rochester? Makes me wonder what's wrong with Rochester Edited by WildCard

Same thing was done with Rinehart and many, many young players. Give him a taste of what the NHL is all about and have him identify what he needs to work on. This is not a surprise.

Probably. I just know he hasn't had the best year in a A. I figured we might not see him this year, so I'm surprised.

Probably. I just know he hasn't had the best year in a A. I figured we might not see him this year, so I'm surprised.

True. Maybe they just want him to gain some perspective. See what all this work is for. They probably expect him to have his ass handed to him.

Edited by kas23

Hopefully the Sabres "braintrust" won't get this kid injured as they attempt the dog and pony show for the few fans that remain in these last few meaningless games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.