GDT 4/2/17 Isles at Sabres 3:00PM EST

Wyldnwoody44

I have to ask, what was the point of doing the play-by-play among the common folk?

It's the closest they came to appreciating the fans, so I have to applaud it. Rick has done games from ice level (recent) and from the 100 level back in the late 90s I believe (maybe it was the 200 level, Taro will know and also have the section and date of the broadcast). Maybe just a longtime desire to do it?

Edited by PASabreFan

Remember when Tim Murray didn't make any trades at the deadline and it was this big statement about the faith he had in the team he put together this year?

Yeah, that idiot is still in charge of our franchise.

Meh..,.

Sums up the game too.... Meh

Sums having Gorges and Molson still in the lineup... Sums up not having another viable skating D... Meh, Sums up Not having a decent scoring winger for Jack's line... Meh, sums up the entire forward lines not knowing how defense the other teams rush... Meh, sums up our goaltending this year... Meh, sums up playing Sam outta position... meh.., ps Sabres coaching though still sucks.

Remember when Tim Murray didn't make any trades at the deadline and it was this big statement about the faith he had in the team he put together this year?

Yeah, that idiot is still in charge of our franchise.

To be fair, it wasn't that as much as market conditions and an objective look at the standings. I don't recall any such statement by Murray, but I could be wrong.

As per the meet up question from WildCard.... How long can you microwave a baby....

1500 W microwave equates to 5118 BTU/Hr.

Mass of unfortunate human (UH) = 150 pounds.

(For the sake of argument, UH is assumed to be mostly water.)

Init Temperature of UH = 99 F.

Point at which normal fever will kill you = 115 degrees (wild ass guess!)

16 degrees F x 150 pounds = 2400 BTU.

2400 BTU /5118 BTU/Hr= .46 hours. = 30 minutes, more or less.

Adjust for whatever temp you think will kill you.

Also a baby's skin will suffer 3rd degree burns at around 20 seconds, which can cause impending death.

Um, go sabres.

Completely missed this. The bold is great. 'UH' :lol: :lol:

Are 3rd degree burns permanent? I don't want to have it disfigured for the rest of it's life. 

Completely missed this. The bold is ###### great. 'UH' :lol: :lol:

Are 3rd degree burns permanent? I don't want to have it disfigured for the rest of it's life.

3rd degree burns are permanent and usually need skin grafts..... That's an unfortunate human right there haha

Maybe time to split up 15-23, they weren't even in the same book let alone on the same page.

Eh, w/ the puck in the Sabres end in the 1st, told the wife I'd like to see the Sabres trade for Lee to put him on Eichel's wing & as soon as the play went to the other end he intercepted Jack's pass to Foligno keeping a sure goal off the board.

Awful game.

Maybe time to split up 15-23, they weren't even in the same book let alone on the same page.

I don't have numbers, but it seems to me that as Jack has become more dominant (not today, of course...), Sam has looked like more of a passenger on that line. Not asserting himself, too deferential, not enough time with the puck to create. 

I admit I have been a Lerner defender but...that whole sequence reminded me of Ryan Miller days...we score, tie it 2-2, start to clearly take control of game, then Rodrigues is going down and clearly gets tripped and of course no call from the lousy refs, then Islanders go down, take a stupid little shot from like the blue line and Lerner just lets it in...Miller use to let soft goals in at the worse time and Lerner has taken over where he left off...these soft goals are momentum killers and totally derail the team everytime. Boy that was hard on the eyes...

Edited by Sabre fan

It's the closest they came to appreciating the fans, so I have to applaud it. Rick has done games from ice level (recent) and from the 100 level back in the late 90s I believe (maybe it was the 200 level, Taro will know and also have the section and date of the broadcast). Maybe just a longtime desire to do it?

My feeling is Rick isn't sounding good at all and this might be the end of the road. 

My feeling is Rick isn't sounding good at all and this might be the end of the road. 

He's had a good season. It sounded like he might have had a cold or something. He seems to need "the big game" to shine. Maybe he picks his spots even more carefully next season.

I admit I have been a Lerner defender but...that whole sequence reminded me of Ryan Miller days...we score, tie it 2-2, start to clearly take control of game, then Rodrigues is going down and clearly gets tripped and of course no call from the lousy refs, then Islanders go down, take a stupid little shot from like the blue line and Lerner just lets it in...Miller use to let soft goals in at the worse time and Lerner has taken over where he left off...these soft goals are momentum killers and totally derail the team everytime. Boy that was hard on the eyes...

Lehner has his many defenders, including, I'm sure, the ZFG guy. I shudder at the thought of Lehner in a playoff series. If he doesn't look like someone who would collapse under pressure, no one does.

One of the few games this year where goaltending was the main reason we lost.

Don't think the Sabres played well, but they were better than the Islanders.

Not many big stops and at least two goals against that weren't even real scoring chances.

Ennis looked decent out there.... Carrier threw his body around.... Eichel looked like crap and I saw some pretty blatant interference go uncalled, but our PP was atrocious tonight anyway.

Ennis had a terrific game. Someone posted (Twitter) the shot attempts for/against when he was on the ice -- it was like 17-3 for the Sabres.

And, yes. Eichel looked checked out. Very disappointing, since we were at the game.

One of the few games this year where goaltending was the main reason we lost.

Don't think the Sabres played well, but they were better than the Islanders.

Not many big stops and at least two goals against that weren't even real scoring chances.

Is true.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Lehner has his many defenders, including, I'm sure, the ZFG guy. I shudder at the thought of Lehner in a playoff series. If he doesn't look like someone who would collapse under pressure, no one does.

I see him as a guy who could steal a few games in which the Sabres were badly outshot.  On a playoff caliber Sabres team, he'd be a playoff-caliber goalie.  (i.e., he's not Dom Hasek, but he'll hold down the fort.)  You can point to the bad games he had, but that happens even the playoffs.  I can remember a back-to-back 7-1 split between the Red Wings and Avalanche.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.