Update: Sabres sign D Man Viktor Antipin to 1yr ELC

Brawndo

These days, I take everything from P Ham with a  liberal grain of salt. He's been writing and saying some strange things so everything he says is now questionable. His crusade against Reinhart using faulty stats, all the coach killer stuff around the end of the season, etc. has shot is credibility.

That being said, he may be completely right about Kulikov and would explain why he looked so bad this season. I'm not attached to him, although I wouldn't mind seeing him under HCTBD if he wants to be back.

:w00t:

Except for statistics. And Reinhart. 

What did I miss? I don't recall his position on Reinhart. I am a fan of Sam and think he was not used effectively. What did Paul say?

I don't know what is meant by "statistics." What is Paul doing?

And regarding the end of the season crusade against the coach... if someone with inside information didn't spill that, there's a chance we'd still be listening to Dan's drivel at a season-ending press conference. I appreciate the fact that someone shares insight as to what the players really think and say. Where else would you get that from? In all my years of watching sports, I have learned that football players cannot express areas of improvement until they look at the game tape. And hockey players need to play a full 60 minutes. I don't want to hear that crap and predictable cliches. Tell it like it is, Paul!

I think in Murray's office, the D depth chart last year was supposed to look like this:

Risto

Kulikov

Bogosian

McCabe

Franson

Gorges

Falk/Fedun

Instead, we got:

Risto

McCabe

Franson

Bogosian

Gorges

Falk

Kulikov/Fedun

And every one of those guys except Falk underperformed for where he was slotted.

I'd like to see in the fall:

Risto

Acquisition who can play the role Kulikov was supposed to

McCabe

Bogosian

Antipin

Steady cheap free agent vet

Falk/Guhle

Basically, 2-6 are all question marks, but really can they be worse than what they are replacing?

Edited by dudacek

Our current d are huge....and terrible. I'm a more than excited to get a puck mover. Could he make our league best pp even better?

Probably not, but maybe he can improve one of the leagues worst EV scoring teams.

Besides better defense, thats another area they need to improve in is scoring 5v5.

I think in Murray's office, the D depth chart last year was supposed to look like this:

Risto

Kulikov

Bogosian

McCabe

Franson

Gorges

Falk/Fedun

Instead, we got:

Risto

McCabe

Franson

Bogosian

Gorges

Falk

Kulikov/Fedun

And every one of those guys except Falk underperformed for where he was slotted.

Risto

McCabe

Bogosian

Antipin

Falk/Guhle

Basically, 2-6 are all question marks, but really can they be worse than what they are replacing?

Phil Housley would help with this.

• 2 months later...

Paul Hamilton... posted a video reportedly showing Victor Antipin at Harbor Center skating and working with another group of players. Seems like the Sabres are trickling back into town.

https://www.facebook.com/WGR550/posts/1558589754186988

Risto
McCabe
Bogosian
Antipin
Falk/Guhle

Risto
Acquisition who can play the role Kulikov was supposed to (Scandella)
McCabe
Bogosian
Antipin
Steady cheap free agent vet (Baloo)

Falk/Guhle

Just wanted to hit this post again because Botterill basically did everything you asked for this offseason. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Paul the Hamburgular Hamilton interviewed Anitpin the other day. 

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/antipin-settling-sabres 

New Buffalo Sabres defenseman Victor Antipin left Russia about two weeks ago to come to Buffalo and start to get used to his new team and new city. Antipin said he likes it around Western New York because it reminds him of home, “I like Buffalo, it’s a small city, a comfortable city for me.”

about 2 weeks ago, matches pretty closely with the August 12th sighting of V Antipin. I am betting that was him. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Paul the Hamburgular Hamilton interviewed Anitpin the other day. 

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/antipin-settling-sabres 

about 2 weeks ago, matches pretty closely with the August 12th siting of V Antipin. I am betting that was him. 

My coffee is just starting to kick in and I really don't mean to be nit-picky but do you mean "sighting"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.