GDT: Sabres at San Jose Sharks 3-14-17 10:30 PM

Mustache of God

Send it to players who actually​ suck and float every night, like Gorges and Moulson. Seems more like a stupid power move by Byslma than anything

Our bottom 6 sucks ass and rarely scores. Blame can be put elsewhere for debacles like the game last night. We looked absolutely tankish.

Send it to players who actually​ suck and float every night, like Gorges and Moulson. Seems more like a stupid power move by Byslma than anything

Sending a message to placeholders serves no purpose whatsoever. Those players are not going to be on this team when we're competing for a cusp.

Sending a message to placeholders serves no purpose whatsoever. Those players are not going to be on this team when we're competing for a cusp.

Then there's only like 4 guys to punish then. I don't believe sending a message should ever be limited to who it directly affects. If someone in my department got fired for showing up late everyday I'd take notice but if I got reemed out for showing up late once I'd be pissed.

I blame the play on Franson. He personally crossed Jack up by unexpectedly, unwisely and unsafely sending him an unexpected pass into the crease. The Bf Snooz is blaming it on Jack. They don't know anything. 

It wasn't that bad of an option. That play to get the puck out happens a lot more than you might think, especially when Eichel would have had two other players with him breaking out with speed. Just a good stick check and Jack not ready to get the puck at any moment and it's in the net. He should have sat in the third.

I blame the play on Franson. He personally crossed Jack up by unexpectedly, unwisely and unsafely sending him an unexpected pass into the crease. The Bf Snooz is blaming it on Jack. They don't know anything. 

Agreed. That play was entirely on Franson for trying to dish the puck into the slot in his own end and putting it in an uncontrollable place for Jack. That puck needed to go to Gorges who could have given it to Jack in the middle as he turned up ice. 

Jack was 7th in forward ice time tonight. Guys with more ice time then Jack:

ROR

Kane

Gionta

Foligno

Reinhart

Girgensons

Are you friggen kidding me Dan?? There is an obvious riff here between our young superstar and the coach. I want him fired today before this thing blows up.

Even with the low ice time Jack was still tied for the team (forward) lead in shots, blocks and scored our only goal.

Dan Bylsma could stab Murray's wife and not get fired before the season is over. Of this I am certain.

Not for nothin', but Eichel sucked hot ass last night. He floated, he watched, and he scored the game winner for San Jose. I woulda sat him, too.

If we're not going to the playoffs anyway, why send a message to a young player? He's not special just because he's special.

Except that we know the truth to be the exact opposite of this. Young stars get treated differently in every sport for every coach. Edited by TrueBlueGED

Dan Bylsma could stab Murray's wife and not get fired before the season is over. Of this I am certain.

Except that we know the truth to be the exact opposite of this. Young stars get treated differently in every sport for every coach.

Yes. no young star has ever been benched ever it the history of the modern NHL. Bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma BYLSMA!!! Bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma !

Sorry. I stuck there.

Eichel has carried this team since the break. What's the message Bylsma is trying to send? 'Thanks for dragging the dead weight that my coaching has turned this team into th last 3 months, but you had a couple of bad shifts and some bad luck, so sit down and watch how the real pros win a game.'

Isn't Bylsma the guy who said that he would be disappointed if Eichel wasn't making mistakes?

Like I said before, this team is totally helpless with the puck in their end. Teams send the all-out forecheck because they know we will cough it up. How did these guys make the NHL?

Yes. no young star has ever been benched ever it the history of the modern NHL. Bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma BYLSMA!!! Bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma bylsma !

Sorry. I stuck there.

As a scapegoat for the entire team blowing ass? No, I don't think they have.

Dan Bylsma: it's hard to stab GM's wives in this league.

:lol:

Jack is great with the puck. There is no denying that. He's not so great without it (read: kinda awful). Case in point, that own goal. If he is not expecting the puck there from Franson then WTF is he doing there? That's his only job,... to give support to the D along the boards. He half assed the play, Lehner half assed the play and it bit them. If either one even three quarter assed it, that puck is on Jack's tape and they are leaving the zone with speed and numbers. That play is not on Franson.

It's a simple play that gets made several times a game.  Franson's mistake was not in passing it to Jack, it was in not recognizing the SJ pressure being as imminently close as it was.  His pass was not accurate due to the SJ player poking his stick in, and it came to Jack in his skates unexpectedly.  Franson needs to see the pressure coming in and react appropriately- either get the pass off quicker, eat it, or move it up the boards or behind the net.

In short, it was Franson's failure to recognize the SJ pressure that caused the goal.

Edited by Doohickie

Not for nothin', but Eichel sucked hot ass last night. He floated, he watched, and he scored the game winner for San Jose. I woulda sat him, too.

If we're not going to the playoffs anyway, why send a message to a young player? He's not special just because he's special.

Yeah, it's not like Jack's being healthy-scratched. The game was lost already, Jack's play was certainly a reason why. It happens to all young players, star or scrub.

And with regard to benching players that suck ass - they don't get benched per say, but guys like Moulson and Gorges, who are consistently awful, sit the second half of the third when we're down, or at least miss shifts, and get stapled to 4th lines and bottom pairings (yes, Gorges' ice time has been bottom-pairing level when other d-men are healthy this year, even if that's hard to believe). Jack getting benched for 2 or 4 minutes twice in his career is not a big deal, would we rather he get bumped to 10 minutes per game with Deslauriers for months like what happens to our actual suck-ass players?

There's a difference between benching and giving less playing time. You bench players for floating, you give less playing time to those with less skill. To say Gorges is floating is unfair. He's one of the few left who gives his all every night regardless of his talent. Edited by JJFIVEOH

This game was a pretty good one for the Fire Byslma crowd. Not only were we abs slaughtered, but we scored an own goal and he benched the hottest player in the league as well as the franchise cornerstone to send a message. Good job Dan :lol:

And by "Fire Bylsma crowd", you of course are referring to "Sabres fans."

Jack is great with the puck. There is no denying that. He's not so great without it (read: kinda awful). Case in point, that own goal. If he is not expecting the puck there from Franson then WTF is he doing there? That's his only job,... to give support to the D along the boards. He half assed the play, Lehner half assed the play and it bit them. If either one even three quarter assed it, that puck is on Jack's tape and they are leaving the zone with speed and numbers. That play is not on Franson.

Jack is the center, they're supposed to drop down in the slot when the D isnt there, and then break up the middle for a pass as the D get possession. Franson made a bad pass towards the goal with a Shark coming towards him. He put Jack in a bad situation. It was definitly Franson's fault.

According to those involved Jack and Franson have practiced that many times.

Jack was where he was supposed to be and Cody made a pass he is supposed to make.

Execution by each? That's another matter.

Jack put the puck in his own net. Pretty hard to say he has no fault in the matter.

Jack is the center, they're supposed to drop down in the slot when the D isnt there, and then break up the middle for a pass as the D get possession. Franson made a bad pass towards the goal with a Shark coming towards him. He put Jack in a bad situation. It was definitly Franson's fault.

No way. Every other Shark went off for a change. He and Jack were looking right at each other and the center of the ice was filled with nothing but Sabres. It may not have been the greatest pass but it was the right play and absolutely should not have ended up in the net.

According to those involved Jack and Franson have practiced that many times.

Jack was where he was supposed to be and Cody made a pass he is supposed to make.

Execution by each? That's another matter.

Jack put the puck in his own net. Pretty hard to say he has no fault in the matter.

Did ANYONE read my post?  The play was caused by a combination of the SJ pressure and Franson's failure to properly handle it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.