GDT: Sabres at San Jose Sharks 3-14-17 10:30 PM

Mustache of God

Did ANYONE read my post? The play was caused by a combination of the SJ pressure and Franson's failure to properly handle it.

No, the consensus, verified by analytics, is that it's my post that is correct and accurate.

#deepstate ????

Edited by dudacek

Did ANYONE read my post?  The play was caused by a combination of the SJ pressure and Franson's failure to properly handle it.

I read it. I didn't agree with it. The SJ player's stick had nothing to do with the pass. I'm pretty sure it didn't touch either Franson's or Eichel's stick or the puck. To use the SJ announcer's word for it, Jack's play was lackadaisical.

I'm glad Dan made him sit.

Edited by SwampD

Did anyone mention that the game was tied 1-1 with less than a minute left in the period? What happened to being conservative and protecting a lead instead of throwing into the crease to try to get it out of the zone.

That said there were probably 3 brainfarts at once here. First, the high risk play at the end of the period...bad decision! Then Jack's confusion and fumbling combined with Learner's slow reaction, confusion and short paddle not being able to reach it. It was a bad chain reaction.

It's a team game and when it breaks down, there are a lot of culprits, and you can't just pin it on one. 

To me, it all started at the beginning with a risky decision at a crucial time in the game.

Edited by Marvelo

And I think he messed up the pass due to the SJ pressure.

And I think the pass was fine, but because Jack was lackadaisical, he messed up receiving it because of the SJ pressure.

..."and the colored girls go do, d do, d do, do d do, do, d do..."

Did anyone mention that the game was tied 1-1 with less than a minute left in the period? What happened to being conservative and protecting a lead instead of throwing into the crease to try to get it out of the zone.

That said there were probably 3 brainfarts at once here. First, the high risk play at the end of the period...bad decision! Then Jack's confusion and fumbling combined with Learner's slow reaction, confusion and short paddle not being able to reach it. It was a bad chain reaction.

It's a team game and when it breaks down, there are a lot of culprits, and you can't just pin it on one. 

To me, it all started at the beginning with a risky decision at a crucial time in the game.

I can't fault Lehner's positioning there. Typically when the play is coming around the back of the net you have the stick where he did, off to the left side a bit, to prevent an opponent from sending the puck out into the slot. He wasn't expecting Franson to lift a backhand to Eichel there at all, or else he'd have dropped at least one of his legs to protect more net. 

Into his feet instead of onto his stick is fine, eh?

If it wasn't there it would have been on the Sharks stick.

And is Jack such a snowflake he has to have the puck perfectly on his tape?

I guess when he's lackadaisical he does.

And I gaurantee ROR collects that pass.

It was a series of unfortunate events with several players not making the ideal play. Jack's mistake was probably the most egregious, but he doesn't shoulder the blame himself.

It happens. It will fade into obscurity soon enough.

That was suggested by more than one person on hfboards and twitter last night. Down by 3 with 3 minutes left and back to backs coming up, as part of a long road trip? I'd buy it.

If that's the reasoning, why wouldn't O'Reilly sit too? Risto? They get more minutes than Eichel, after all. This screams a coach trying to defuse a public controversy.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

If that's the reasoning, why wouldn't O'Reilly sit too? Risto? They get more minutes than Eichel, after all. This screams a coach trying to defuse a public controversy.

Yep. Our young star sucked hot ass so he sat. Nothing to see here.

Yep. Our young star sucked hot ass so he sat. Nothing to see here.

Is there any evidence that sitting players fixes problems? Isn't the move in some sense based on the idea that a player is almost screwing up deliberately? OK, Jack, if you're going to kick the puck into your own net, you're going to sit. And while you're sitting you can think about what you did. It's not going to happen again, is it? It seems like squirt stuff.

Is there any evidence that sitting players fixes problems? Isn't the move in some sense based on the idea that a player is almost screwing up deliberately? OK, Jack, if you're going to kick the puck into your own net, you're going to sit. And while you're sitting you can think about what you did. It's not going to happen again, is it? It seems like squirt stuff.

Well, he has responded pretty well to previous spankings.

I don't think he sat because of that play alone. I watched a bunch of his shifts and they were pretty lame and disinterested unless he had the puck. And I'm pretty sure he was on the ice for every goal against, too. That's reason enough to sit him if you are trying to come back.

One thing the Sabres of late have done for me is that I've learned so, so many creative phrases and words which I can use to explain that something is not good. Sucking hot ass. Now that is an upsetting, miserable thing to be.

:lol:

One thing the Sabres of late have done for me is that I've learned so, so many creative phrases and words which I can use to explain that something is not good. Sucking hot ass. Now that is an upsetting, miserable thing to be.

But not to be doing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.