GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs Tampa bay Lightning

MODO Hockey

I don't think that was a trip on Jack. I mean, I'm just not sure enough to say it was. Jack had the puck, Hedman hits him and Jack buckles. The stick was kind of a red herring there and maybe there could have been a throwing the stick penalty.

No goals for and all goals against in the shootout. Game over.

My god, who has the balls to try the move that Kutcherof did on the last shootout goal.  That was amazing, and intentional.

He did it because he was confident the goalie was so rattled it just might work.

Is Lehner worth being protected in the expansion draft. He's solid, sure. But he's not elite. If you're Las Vegas, do you even bother taking a guy who cannot stop a shootout attempt? There are other, cheaper, better options.

Edited by DarthEbriate

How can a number one goalie have ZERO saves in all shootouts this year? HOW? Lehner should be pulled before it starts.

I thought Luongo was bad when he was in Vancouver. Zero saves!!!!!

Not sure how he can ever be our longterm solution for No.1 goalie with all the points we'd be forfeiting in the SO.  I think when we all envisioned the Sabres someday contending again, it'd come with winning the division and having home-ice in the playoffs.  Not sure how that happens if we're losing every SO.

Lehner is really bad at shootouts. Got it.

So without 31 saves against 32 shots, the game doesn't get to a shootout.

If the Sabres could score more than 1 goal at home in 65 minutes, it doesn't go to a shootout. 

If Jack or Samson scores, the shootout continues. 

But let's just focus on one thing here. 

If the Sabres could score more than 1 goal at home in 65 minutes, it doesn't go to a shootout.

Lehner was good again and robbed Drouin, who is a little bitch

Kane got robbed

Vasilevski was good tonight and really good at shootouts apparently

Lehner is not good at shootouts, not right now anyways

I'm just glad Jack wasn't injured on that Hedman mugging

... I just heard Adele on the radio.

It's sung ;)

Such a tragic cosmic joke, that so often the really great female voices are attached to REALLY large, uh, personalities (or maybe just drop the alities :unsure:). Unless they have a smokey quality like Chrissie Hynde or Alannah Myles. :)

Exactly right.

The Sabres in that third period were pathetic. They played a typical Bylsma game if they were up by a goal or two. They literally didn't try to do anything or attempt to score a goal. The Sabres sat back and played for overtime.

We only generated 6 SOG in that period.

The system sucks.

... I just heard Adele on the radio. Holy crap that is funny! anyways, clearly that's all she wrote for this year. but we have to admit we were pumped way back in September. how was TM (or anybody) to ever know that we'd have so many injuries? Kulikov must be injury prone or something becuase he went down again last night. KO out now for a while and he has been quietly having a nice year. Frustrating all these SO loses...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.