GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs Arizona Coyotes 8:30pm EST in Glendale Az.

jsb

If this is the real Rodrigues, I'm so happy. That dude generates chances of the 'type' I guess I'd say (or 'kind', channeling my inner bananaman) that I haven't seen a Sabre generate in a long time. He's clever. 

Ristolainen is slow, tired, and reactionary, instead of being fairly quick and very mentally zoned in on what was happening and what will be happening in the immediate future on the ice like he was before game 40.

Wow...just wow!

So glad I stayed up and watched the NHL Network Bonus Coverage. Got to see the whole third period.

I don't get to watch them often, but follow their travails regularly right here on SS. Some observations:

1. I don't recall a single check completed by a Sabres player in that period.

2. Reaching, poking, passing to opposing players doesn't get the puck out of your own end

3. They were still in Alamo mode and sagging back even AFTER Arizona tied the game.

4. I've never seen a team so bad at finishing their chances - they made the AZ scrub goalie look good

5. Either Bylsma's "system" sux or they've totally quit on him. Oh, wait, it's BOTH!

6. Sabres played that period like they were in a no-check beer league

Until they have a new coach and some significant roster changes, the only reason I can fathom to watch them is the same one that makes us rubber neck at accident scenes.

Samson isn't lookin very good right now, and Eichel is generating on his own. Get Samson at C, get ERod (who, despite being excellent, was only given like 1:20 of ES ice time in the 3rd) with Jack, and try that. This season is now full-development, no reason to keep Sam at wing.

Also - our perfect 2017 symmetry has been maintained.
W

L
WW
LL

W
L
LLL
W
L
W
L
W
L
LLL

Anyone else notice there's been a significant drop in 'hits'  by Buffalo over the past three games?  

Per the box score, only 8 hits tonight, and 6 in the game against Colorado.  5 against the Blackhawks.

Prior to this 3 game losing streak, they had

12 hits against St. Louis

16 against Colorado

23 against Ottawa

19 against Vancouver (loss)

41 against Toronto

24 against Anaheim (loss)

Buffalo pretty much was always delivering double digit numbers of hits in all their games, win or loss.  Note that against Vancouver and Anaheim - both games losses, they averaged 22 hits per game - that average is higher than their total combined hits in their past 3 games (22 vs 19)

That's a huge drop in physicality.  Has Bylsma lost the team?  

Edited by Jsixspd

The Yotes have more ES goals than us this year.

Anyone else notice there's been a significant drop in 'hits'  by Buffalo over the past three games?  

Per the box score, only 8 hits tonight, and 6 in the game against Colorado.  5 against the Blackhawks.

Prior to this 3 game losing streak, they had

12 hits against St. Louis

16 against Colorado

23 against Ottawa

19 against Vancouver (loss)

41 against Toronto

24 against Anaheim (loss)

Buffalo pretty much was always delivering double digit numbers of hits in all their games, win or loss.  Note that against Vancouver and Anaheim - both games losses, they averaged 22 hits per game - that average is higher than their total combined hits in their past 3 games (22 vs 19)

That's a huge drop in physicality.  Has Bylsma lost the team?  

They had the puck more than their opponent the last two games. And hits are recorded very differently in different buildings, they aren't a reliable stat.

Sell sell sell

Hell Hell Hell, that's where this team has been for a long time, Hockey Hell.

The hard working people of Buffalo deserve better.

I can't wait to hear how the Sabres are going to justify an increase in ticket prices next season.

Getting into the playoffs might have given the Sabres organization, ( and oh let's not forget the Bills) some leverage to justify such an increase but, some how I don't think that will even matter because the fans are so hypnotized by the perennial Svengali's that stand behind the preseason podium year after year, and tell us how Buffalo is "Hockey Heaven', and how a multitude of Stanley Cup Championships are awaiting us. Just one more season, just one more draft pick, just one more.... The whole time generation after generation of Buffalonian's pass-on never to see the dream realized. In the past failure to realize the dream has been in some cases found to be criminal but, if you ask the head of household of the Sabres Family today about the dream, you'll most likely hear that its only going to be an extended nightmare.  In the end don't be surprised that its business as usual and that's just the way it is.

That's the price of entertainment; however, I don't find that very amusing, and I'm pretty sure the majority of loyal Buffalo sports fans don't either.

Stop selling us a loser; no more excuses, we've waited long enough.

The Yotes have more ES goals than us this year.

They had the puck more than their opponent the last two games. And hits are recorded very differently in different buildings, they aren't a reliable stat.

I've never seen the Sabres with so few hits this season in any building.  The Chicago game was a home game, BTW.

The Sabres have averaged 23.1 hits per game over 62 games.  Prior to these 3 games, the hits per game average was 24 and tenth in the league!    

If it were just 1 game,  I'd say it were a fluke - but 3 games?  And all 3 games were pretty poor outings by Buffalo too,  including that awful showing at home against Chicago!    

Here's the stats at Sporting Charts. 

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/stats/team-hit-statistics/2016/

Hockey Hell would be Jack and Sam bolting after their ELCs expire. It's starting to look like it could happen.

We control their RFA status through their 7th years in the league. Even if they get fed up and sign an offer sheet (after next year at the earliest), we can (and would) match. I'm confident this team can get where they need to be in the next 6 years. If they're still a dumpster fire, then I couldn't blame them for bolting.

I've never seen the Sabres with so few hits this season in any building. The Chicago game was a home game, BTW.

The Sabres have averaged 23.1 hits per game over 62 games. Prior to these 3 games, the hits per game average was 24 and tenth in the league!

If it were just 1 game, I'd say it were a fluke - but 3 games? And all 3 games were pretty poor outings by Buffalo too, including that awful showing at home against Chicago!

Here's the stats at Sporting Charts.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/stats/team-hit-statistics/2016/

FAKE STATS! The Sabres delivered the MOST hits in the NHL last night. Not only did they deliver the MOST but they delivered the BIGGEST hits, I mean they were HUGE. So BIG my TV screen nearly fell off the wall... And it's a GREAT wall, painted with the BEST paint and decorated with the FINEST pictures.

Ok, now that I got that out of my system... WTF happened. I went to bed after the 2nd only wake up in the middle of the night to a 3-2 loss?!?! Fire DD. His Alamo mode needs to go. Our D looked putrid all night, what a mess. Trade Kulikov for a jock strap, he's terrible. After watching the past two games, it's like this team went on a 5-day bender.

Edited by Beer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.