GDT: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Buffalo Sabres 6PM at KBC on NBCSN

jsb

I'm happy the Sabres have made it exciting, but i'm still far from believing they can make a run. If things stay relatively good during our bye week and we come out of the bye with two wins then i think i'll have no choice but to take the bait. But we know how inconsistent these guys are and how poorly teams do after bye weeks, not playing a whole week and then dropping 2-3 points to Colorado and Arizona would be a knock out punch for this team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy they're moving in the right direction and guys like Kane and Lehner are playing well.

Tonight will be a good litmus test.

Buy in to the idea they can make the playoffs? I'm not taking the bait. They still only have a 17% chance to get in if they win today.

I would say buy in to the view that with reasonable progress, this core, this GM and this coach can become a real NHL contender.  More immediately, I would say buy in to, if not making the playoffs this year, at least staying in it until the very end and playing above DeLuca .500 from now to the end of the season.

So yes, if they win tonight, I can see me buying into believing that those 2 very consequential possible outcomes about this team can happen.

I would say buy in to the view that with reasonable progress, this core, this GM and this coach can become a real NHL contender.  More immediately, I would say buy in to, if not making the playoffs this year, at least staying in it until the very end and playing above DeLuca .500 from now to the end of the season.

So yes, if they win tonight, I can see me buying into believing that those 2 very consequential possible outcomes about this team can happen.

They went on a similar run late last season too. Obviously injuries derailed a lot of what they wanted to do early in the season but still how they played wasn't good enough.

Well, I'm home.  Coached my last youth hockey game today and the kids won.  We beat a team who had beat us earlier in the year.  My son goes to school with two of the kids and one was trash talking the past month about things.  Son went coast to coast to score the game winning goal and the last kid he had to beat was the one who was trash talking him... he beat him clean and buried it.

Yea.. it's a good day win or lose for me.  It'll be a GREAT day if the Sabres do their job.  

Can't wait.. started my pre-game early.  Getting some wings.. just in case.  Let's go.

Well, I'm home.  Coached my last youth hockey game today and the kids won.  We beat a team who had beat us earlier in the year.  My son goes to school with two of the kids and one was trash talking the past month about things.  Son went coast to coast to score the game winning goal and the last kid he had to beat was the one who was trash talking him... he beat him clean and buried it.

Yea.. it's a good day win or lose for me.  It'll be a GREAT day if the Sabres do their job.  

Can't wait.. started my pre-game early.  Getting some wings.. just in case.  Let's go.

Awesome. Glad you get to share that moment with your boy. Makes it all worthwhile.

I BELIEVE

They went on a similar run late last season too. Obviously injuries derailed a lot of what they wanted to do early in the season but still how they played wasn't good enough.

Let's not recreate history too much, Jack wasn't the only guy out the first 2 months of the season. Kane was out for a majority of it also and didn't appear to get healthy until December and Bogo and Kuli also missed the bulk of those early games. They are finally healthy for the first time all year recently. Samson hurry back

Happy story buddy! :) 

LETS GO!

Ya!!!

This is the kind of game where a win gets me to honestly buy in.

With respect to getting me to buy in, the manner of the win means a lot more than the win itself. Win while getting thoroughly outplayed? Shoulder shrug. Win while looking like they belong? That's different.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Your caution is well justified.

But Eichel looked like a freaking force of nature yesterday.

So maybe...

Awesome.

With respect to getting me to buy in, the manner of the win means a lot more than the win itself. Win while getting thoroughly outplayed? Shoulder shrug. Win while looking like they belong? That's different.

Fair. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.