Falk hit on Burrows

gilbert11

Falk it. Someone needs to step up but you've got to be smart about it. It put us in a hole we couldn't crawl out of. Lehners actions were just plain stupid at that point. The officials arm went up as soon as Burrows slashed Lehner. He could have backed off and let the chips fall but instead he went all beady eyed. He has to learn how to control his emotions. League wide that will be discussed before teams play the Sabres. Knock Lehner off his game. Its just that easy.

Falk it. Someone needs to step up but you've got to be smart about it. It put us in a hole we couldn't crawl out of. Lehners actions were just plain stupid at that point. The officials arm went up as soon as Burrows slashed Lehner. He could have backed off and let the chips fall but instead he went all beady eyed. He has to learn how to control his emotions. League wide that will be discussed before teams play the Sabres. Knock Lehner off his game. Its just that easy.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad both Lehner and Falk did what they did. As a matter of fact, I wad mad ad hell screaming they should have both jumped Borrows and pummeled the out of him. I want blood on the ice and after they got off him, I want Lehner batting Borrows teeth he lost down the ice with his stick!

Go big or go home!!!!!!!

What Burrows did certainly doesn't rise to the level of deserving blood on the ice.  He was being a punk, nothing more.  I will admit to liking Falk's reaction to it.  I liked Lehner's reaction less.   I don't want him losing focus.  Not even in the moment.

I have to think Lucic did cross Miller's mind.  He deserved better than the reaction he got back then.  And the team knew it afterward.

I'm curious what sort of reaction we would see to a genuine Lucic incident today.  The team mentality seems different, but what would they do if the infraction is perpetrated by someone they don't really have a physical answer for (ala Lucic)?  I'm not sure this reaction is automatic.  Burrows isn't exactly a fearsome fellow.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad both Lehner and Falk did what they did. As a matter of fact, I wad mad ad hell screaming they should have both jumped Borrows and pummeled the ###### out of him. I want blood on the ice and after they got off him, I want Lehner batting Borrows teeth he lost down the ice with his stick!

Go big or go home!!!!!!!

I like retribution as much as the next guy but we need to win that game. We'd be 3 points out of a wildcard spot had they kept their cool. Lehner is a big boy. I'm pretty sure he wears big boy pants. Falk meant well but he put us down a man. Guys on this board were all whining about the calls that game but honestly most of those penalties were of the lazy variety. The Nucks played a smart road game , we played stupid.

I like retribution as much as the next guy but we need to win that game. We'd be 3 points out of a wildcard spot had they kept their cool. Lehner is a big boy. I'm pretty sure he wears big boy pants. Falk meant well but he put us down a man. Guys on this board were all whining about the calls that game but honestly most of those penalties were of the lazy variety. The Nucks played a smart road game , we played stupid.

Sigh......I concur......in lieu of the playoffs one can dream of a violent campaign......:D

What Burrows did certainly doesn't rise to the level of deserving blood on the ice. He was being a punk, nothing more. I will admit to liking Falk's reaction to it. I liked Lehner's reaction less. I don't want him losing focus. Not even in the moment.

I have to think Lucic did cross Miller's mind. He deserved better than the reaction he got back then. And the team knew it afterward.

I'm curious what sort of reaction we would see to a genuine Lucic incident today. The team mentality seems different, but what would they do if the infraction is perpetrated by someone they don't really have a physical answer for (ala Lucic)? I'm not sure this reaction is automatic. Burrows isn't exactly a fearsome fellow.

I cant say I know for certain but Falk doesn't seem to hold any discretion to whom he engages. I think his combination of size and fear of losing his job goes a long way to creating a mean SOB.

As much as I hate dumb penalties, I was glad to see the Sabres stand up for Lehner there. We've said he'd like to see how we'd react to a real Lucic-style hit on our goalie. I don't think we'll see one because we don't let lesser hits, like that one, go unanswered.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Marty Biron was on WGR today.

He interviewed Burrows right after the game. My summation of what Marty said....

**Burrows was just doing what his coach told him to do, get under Lehners skin. Mind f*** him. Burrows did his job. The book is out on Lehner.**

Could be a scene in a slap shot movie.

He interviewed Burrows right after the game. My summation of what Marty said....

**Burrows was just doing what his coach told him to do, get under Lehners skin. Mind f*** him. Burrows did his job. The book is out on Lehner.**

I agree completely. Its what other teams scouting of the Sabres tells them to do. He's so easy to get off his game.

I agree completely. Its what other teams scouting of the Sabres tells them to do. He's so easy to get off his game.

Body slamming him wasn't Burrows intention. Bumping, stick work, verbal jabs get him off his game. Players around the league are being coached this in preparation for Lehner. 

Lehner is young and will mature. He also needs the help from his teammates to do what needs done to make sure it happens a lot less.

Body slamming him wasn't Burrows intention. Bumping, stick work, verbal jabs get him off his game. Players around the league are being coached this in preparation for Lehner. 

Lehner is young and will mature. He also needs the help from his teammates to do what needs done to make sure it happens a lot less.

kinda like Patrick Roy and look how he turned out.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Burrows never body slammed anyone. Falk body slammed Burrows. But yeah like I said. Its easy for other teams to get Lehner off his game. Its a strategy and it'll continue to be a strategy as long as he continues to lose his mind during games because guys are chirping him and bumping him.

Edited by bunomatic

Not sure what you're getting at here. Burrows never body slammed anyone. Falk body slammed Burrows. But yeah like I said. Its easy for other teams to get Lehner off his game. Its a strategy and it'll continue to be a strategy as long as he continues to lose his mind during games because guys are chirping him and bumping him.

Not saying this isn't the book on Lehner; it is. I just wonder how current the book is.

I'm trying to think of the other games this year when Lehner got Burrowsed and it led to bad things.

Not saying this isn't the book on Lehner; it is. I just wonder how current the book is.

I'm trying to think of the other games this year when Lehner got Burrowsed and it led to bad things.

Yeah you're right I haven't off the top of my head been able to think of any but moving forward it'll likely happen more after the coverage this one received. I think its common knowledge he's a bit of a hothead.

Burrows bowling balled Lehner, that led to the scrum,  then enter Falk. Or am I getting the times that Burrows was trying to get under Lehners skin mixed up?

What Burrows did certainly doesn't rise to the level of deserving blood on the ice.  He was being a punk, nothing more.  I will admit to liking Falk's reaction to it.  I liked Lehner's reaction less.   I don't want him losing focus.  Not even in the moment.

I have to think Lucic did cross Miller's mind.  He deserved better than the reaction he got back then.  And the team knew it afterward.

I'm curious what sort of reaction we would see to a genuine Lucic incident today.  The team mentality seems different, but what would they do if the infraction is perpetrated by someone they don't really have a physical answer for (ala Lucic)?  I'm not sure this reaction is automatic.  Burrows isn't exactly a fearsome fellow.

Burrows is a rat, just like Marchand. Somebody needs to teach this type of player a lesson. Whether we take a penalty or not, I am ok with it.

Burrows is a rat, just like Marchand. Somebody needs to teach this type of player a lesson. Whether we take a penalty or not, I am ok with it.

It led to a goal on the ensuing power play.

This is what Kaleta used to be able to do for the Sabres.

Much as it was on Hasek, who in turn got most of his temper in check, accordingly.

I always thought Lehner was better when he became more engaged. It seemed like the first couple of months they tried to neuter him and he seemed like he was trying to hard not to show emotion. And it hurt his game. The last month or two he seems more engaged and he's been playing better. Almost like he's relieved to not have to keep it pent up inside. I've seen some games where he stood in his head after pushing guys around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.