Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

It is hard for me to think of a single scenario in which the Bills beat the Patriots. The best I can come up with is an early injury to Brady (pulls a muscle or something). Otherwise, he'll pick our defense apart like he always does. And, our offense doesn't have enough firepower to win a shootout. *sigh*

It is hard for me to think of a single scenario in which the Bills beat the Patriots. The best I can come up with is an early injury to Brady (pulls a muscle or something). Otherwise, he'll pick our defense apart like he always does. And, our offense doesn't have enough firepower to win a shootout. *sigh*

Just another reason why it was incredibly stupid to start Peterman against the Chargers. We may not have won anyway but the odds of winning with Taylor were infinitely better than with a 5th round rookie QB on the road.

Best case scenario I see (assuming 2 losses to the Pats) is that in the final week, Ravens will have to lose to the Bengals and Bills will have to beat Miami to get in.....and that's assuming Ravens lose to Detroit and Steelers on the way. 

Actually, that Lions game probably won't matter if the Ravens lose to the Steelers and Bengals because that 9-7 scenario tiebreaker will go down to strength of victory (of which Buffalo currently has a big enough advantage...thank you Cleveland!).

This is the most reasonable road to the playoffs I can find:

0. Assume the Jags, Titans, and Chargers don't collapse down the stretch. Same for NE and Pitt.

1. Bills finish 9-7, beating Miami twice and also the Colts

2. Ravens at least lose to Steelers and Bengals

3. Raiders lose at least 1 more...how about the Eagles week 16

4. Jets lose at least 1 more....how about the Saints week 15

5. Bengals lose at least 2 more...how about the Steelers this Sunday and Vikings week 15

6. Chiefs lose at least 2 more...how about the Raiders week 14 and Chargers week 15

This particular scenario would have the Bills needing to win in Miami and the Ravens losing at home to the Bengals during the final weekend of the regular season. These two games also happen to be the least probable to work in our favor, in my opinion. Visions of 2004 week 17 all over again... But at the very least, it would mean we played meaningful games for the entirety of the regular season and also hopefully mean we don't see Nate Peterman again this year.

Yup. Season is over, to be honest. I have to say: the Cheatriots are really killing my interest in the NFL. Things wouldn't look so perpetually dismal for us Bills fans if we didn't have to concede two losses every year to these ######. The defensive game plan next week should simply be non-stop cheap shots to Brady's knees. Gregg Williams style. ###### sportsmanship. And ###### Tom Brady and his ###### avocado smoothies.

Woah there, avocados are pretty cool.

Just another reason why it was incredibly stupid to start Peterman against the Chargers. We may not have won anyway but the odds of winning with Taylor were infinitely better than with a 5th round rookie QB on the road.

It's funny, I read the first one and thought "that would be a reason to start Peterman". In other words, under no reasonable circumstances do you expect to win a shootout with Taylor at QB. Maybe Peterman would have provided the upside (and maybe he still will someday) to provide that 400 yard, 4 TD passing game you sometimes need. Nothing is free so of course it comes with risks of interceptions and fumbles of so forth. Unfortunately that's what happened. But with Taylor there is limited downside and unfortunately limited upside too as he doesn't even pass for 300 yards except in a few cases during garbage time. 

It's funny, I read the first one and thought "that would be a reason to start Peterman". In other words, under no reasonable circumstances do you expect to win a shootout with Taylor at QB. Maybe Peterman would have provided the upside (and maybe he still will someday) to provide that 400 yard, 4 TD passing game you sometimes need. Nothing is free so of course it comes with risks of interceptions and fumbles of so forth. Unfortunately that's what happened. But with Taylor there is limited downside and unfortunately limited upside too as he doesn't even pass for 300 yards except in a few cases during garbage time. 

Not really. If Taylor has no chance to provide a 400 year 4 TD passing game then Peterman is in the negatives. He's not 1/10 of the QB Taylor currently is at this time. He's no where near ready to do anything more than hold a clipboard and perform mop up duty during blowouts. In short, not only does he suck, but he's too green behind the ears. He needs to sit and learn from the sidelines for at least a season and probably several.

Edited by Drunkard

Not really. If Taylor has no chance to provide a 400 year 4 TD passing game then Peterman is in the negatives. He's not 1/10 of the QB Taylor currently is at this time. He's no where near ready to do anything more than hold a clipboard and perform mop up duty during blowouts. In short, not only does he suck, but he's too green behind the ears. He needs to sit and learn from the sidelines for at least a season and probably several.

If you start with the premise "Peterman sucks" then the discussion is quite simple and I follow your logic, sir. 

To the extent that the Bills coaching staff obviously didn't agree with that premise (maybe they do now?) then they reached a different conclusion at that time.  

If you start with the premise "Peterman sucks" then the discussion is quite simple and I follow your logic, sir.

To the extent that the Bills coaching staff obviously didn't agree with that premise (maybe they do now?) then they reached a different conclusion at that time.

That one's easy. McGinger is a dumbass but even he wasn't stupid enough to put Peterman back out there after his piss poor showing.

The guy simply isn't ready. Maybe he will be in a few years, maybe he'll never amount to anything (if I had to bet I'd put my money on the latter, but I wouldn't bet my house on it). I don't have any superior football knowledge but I can see it clear as day. The Saints defense did too.