Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

The Bills have been good every 30 years...they were good in the 60s and 90s. Maybe they'll be good again in the 2020s. I can't wait that long and waste time on this kind of time interval. It's not the sign of a professional organization. 

I keep hearing jack holes complaining that Gronk was held. Hey morons, if someone tugs your jersey its not a reason for attempted murder. I'm not really this guy but I wouldn't hate criminal charges being filed.

Really? For attempted first degree roughhousing?

Really? For attempted first degree roughhousing?

Not sure if you are being facetious but he could have easily given him a neck injury (don't know if he didn't actually) and he Did give him a brain injury. It wasn't during play or some type of football move. It was assault. He drove his elbow, a 270 lbs man running and jumping, into the base of his skull. If TRE was my kid, I'd hunt down gronk and give him some justice. It was filthy and criminal.

Not sure if you are being facetious but he could have easily given him a neck injury (don't know if he didn't actually) and he Did give him a brain injury. It wasn't during play or some type of football move. It was assault. He drove his elbow, a 270 lbs man running and jumping, into the base of his skull. If TRE was my kid, I'd hunt down gronk and give him some justice. It was filthy and criminal.

Completely agree

There are plenty of idiots out there who still think the Bills would have beaten the Chargers if only Taylor had started instead of Peterman. These people tend to forget games like today where the Buffalo defense gives up 200+ rushing yards and Taylor completes less than 5 total passes to the WR's on the roster. Some of these idiots even have professional jobs as NFL analysts. There are lots of reasons to criticize Coach McJesus, but the first half benching of Taylor in LA seems to be among the least egregious.

I just finished watching the clip of Gronk's hit on White. Definitely reminiscent of Lucic on Miller. At this point, WNY's hatred toward the Pegula sports teams goes way beyond win-loss records in the standings. These players don't represent WNY the way its people see themselves: hard working, loyal, tough as nails. My introspective nature causes me to think such thoughts as, "why does an adult approaching middle age devote so much time, money, and emotion into a football team that hasn't made the playoffs in now 18 straight years and a hockey team that hasn't made the playoffs in now 7 straight years?" I have no good answer. See you all Tuesday night for another round of complaining.

There's no way to know for sure whether Taylor would have helped them win or they still would have lost. I personally wasn't pissed because I was sure Taylor would beat the Chargers, I was pissed because I was 1000% sure that Peterman wouldn't. We still had a shot to make the playoffs at that point even while anticipating getting swept by New England and McGinger the dumbass chose to start a 5th round rookie QB on the road.

If Gronkowski isn't given a hefty suspension then it's just further proof the league is corrupt. He should face criminal charges for assault the way McSorley did when he whacked Brashear in the skull.

Edited by Drunkard

Seriously tyrod is not good, that throw in the 1st after finally having a good drive was the #hit icing on the cupcake.

Listened to Patriot announcers on the radio heading back from Amherst MA and they kept panning TT for how many open receivers he didnt throw to and pathetic his field awareness was. Sounds about right, said the only time he is really aware is when he is rolled out, even then.

It is absolutely hilarious that Gronk is complaining about a push off not being called. Oh ,sweet irony, you cruel mistress. Especially on a play where his first move was a push off. The only reason he didn't get separation was because White held him. They obviously were not going to call anything on that play. Get over it Gronk, you whiny beotch. Welcome to how the rest of the league gets officiated.(that's for you, ink)

Edited by SwampD

First thing McDermott did when shaking Belichick's hand was tell him the Gronk hit was out of line (can't hear exactly what he said). Belichick apologizes and calls the hit  'bullsh!t'. Video below

https://www.fanragsports.com/bill-belichick-apologizes-to-bills-for-gronks-late-hit/

Edited by WildCard

It is absolutely hilarious that Gronk is complaining about a push off not being called. Oh ,sweet irony, you cruel mistress. Especially on a play where his first move was a push off. The only reason he didn't get separation was because White held him. They obviously were not going to call anything on that play. Get over it Gronk, you whiny beotch. Welcome to how the rest of the league gets officiated.(that's for you, ink)

:wub:

Listened to Patriot announcers on the radio heading back from Amherst MA and they kept panning TT for how many open receivers he didnt throw to and pathetic his field awareness was. Sounds about right, said the only time he is really aware is when he is rolled out, even then.

That's what you get with a QB that's probably not even 6'1" and can't see over the linemen. Drew Brees is a rare breed. 

That's what you get with a QB that's probably not even 6'1" and can't see over the linemen. Drew Brees is a rare breed. 

I think you're making way too much of height. Most guards in the NFL are probably 6'3" or so and most offensive tackles are probably 6'6" or taller. Even if your QB is the prototypical 6'4" he's not seeing over the top of those guys anywhere. He's looking through lanes in between them, just like Taylor is doing. Taylor may be playing bad for a myriad of reasons, but not being able to see over the heads of his lineman isn't one of them.

I think you're making way too much of height. Most guards in the NFL are probably 6'3" or so and most offensive tackles are probably 6'6" or taller. Even if your QB is the prototypical 6'4" he's not seeing over the top of those guys anywhere. He's looking through lanes in between them, just like Taylor is doing. Taylor may be playing bad for a myriad of reasons, but not being able to see over the heads of his lineman isn't one of them.

Sure he is, as the linemen are not standing up to their full height while blocking. A better question might be how many times we've seen TT roll out of the pocket when he might not have needed to. 

Sure he is, as the linemen are not standing up to their full height while blocking. A better question might be how many times we've seen TT roll out of the pocket when he might not have needed to. 

Maybe if his eyes were on the top of his head you'd have a point, but eyes are 3 or 4 inches lower than the top of your head. Lineman aren't crouching that amount consistently once the ball has been snapped for even a guy who is 6'4" to be able to see over them at all times. Even tall QBs move around in the pocket to find throwing lanes.

Edited by Drunkard

Gronk gets a 1 game suspension

Story I just saw, says the suspension could cost him a huge contract incentive. Apparently he needs 80 catches or play 90% of NE’s snaps to get a $5.5 mill bonus. Much harder to reach those goals if your suspended for a game. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2747600-rob-gronkowski-suspended-1-game-for-late-hit-on-tredavious-white.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Story I just saw, says the suspension could cost him a huge contract incentive. Apparently he needs 80 catches or play 90% of NE’s snaps to get a $5.5 mill bonus. Much harder to reach those goals if your suspended for a game. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2747600-rob-gronkowski-suspended-1-game-for-late-hit-on-tredavious-white.

That is of some comfort to me, I will admit.

OTOH, Gronk is the guy who's reportedly never spent a game check and lives frugally off endorsement money.

Maybe if his eyes were on the top of his head you'd have a point, but eyes are 3 or 4 inches lower than the top of your head. Lineman aren't crouching that amount consistently once the ball has been snapped for even a guy who is 6'4" to be able to see over them at all times. Even tall QBs move around in the pocket to find throwing lanes.

There is a reason that scouts tag some draftable QBs with size warnings even though there are anomalies like Wilson and Brees. And I do agree that tall QBs also move around at times to see the field better but the extra few inches does matter - would Brady be as good at 6'0" ? 

Would you rather have a John Elway/Brett Favre/Peyton Manning/Jim Kelly type as your franchise QB or someone 6'1" on paper and most likely shorter ?